It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Postpartum Depression (PPD) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User
Anyone go thru post partum depression after your 2nd child?

My best friend had her baby by an emergency c-section do to the cord being wrapped around the babys neck. Anyhow, she has a 4 yr old son at home also and of course she can't attend to his every need caz shes not doing the best after her csection. She's really starting to get depressed over not being able to take care of her 4 yr old like she use to be able too! Shes also having problems with not being able to spend so much time with the 4 yr old! She sits around and cries on and off over this matter. Do you think she's slipping into post partum depression or is it just a phase shes goin thru since becoming a 2nd time mommy? I'm just really concerned for her and would like to see what all you guys thought! Also what do you say when she comes off with stuff like I really miss my baby (meaning her 4yr old), and I can't get up to feed him (4yr old), but I can feed the baby(newborn) with no problem!? Thanks!

Old 06-11-2005, 08:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User
Re: Anyone go thru post partum depression after your 2nd child?

How long ago did your friend give birth? If its been in just the past several weeks it could be normal. If its been 12 weeks or more she needs to contact her OB and let him or her know what's going on. I had it too after the birth of our second, but c section as well. Our oldest was three at the time. I remember something similar to what your friend is going through. I knew it was my last because dh only wanted two children (had no idea that years later we would end up adopting a newborn out of the foster care system). I think that was the basis for mine, but I remember that while I was crying one minute I would be thinking, OMG, what have I done to our beautiful little threesome and the next minute thinking, my baby is growing up way too fast and I can't stop it. I ended up going to the doctor when he was 12 weeks old because it was starting to effect how I was treating others and I became close one day to actually physically hurting our dog. He put me on meds which helped a little and eventually it did disappear.

I will say a prayer for your friend. PPD is miserable and you feel so helpless!

Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User
Re: Anyone go thru post partum depression after your 2nd child?

She gave birth on Wednesday and came home yesterday! I think alot of it has to do with the csection, but I don't know for sure! How soon can post partum depression start?

Closed Thread