It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Postpartum Depression (PPD) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User
PPD, Baby Blues and Birth Control

I was just wondering if anyone who has had problems with depression, or the blues has had any success getting rid of it after starting to take birth control again? I ask since although I don't think I have full blown depression, (I'm alright most of the time) but when I do lose it I lose it big time. It feels to me like really, really bad PMS which I've always had when not on the pill. I couldn't bBF since DS refused to take so I'm going to start taking the pill again. I'm hoping it will help with the mood swings. Does it help?

Old 10-12-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
(female)

shonks5 HB User
Re: PPD, Baby Blues and Birth Control

I know that for me, I got really moody and I thought that I was possibly pregnant again because when I am pregnant I am so irritable and touchy but I found out that I was getting my period and that was why. I think that for me the pill usually makes me more moody. I usually do better if I take the baby out for a little while and relax with her. I just go to Target or Wal Mart, just anywhere not at home where my responsibilities are. I just have me and baby and that is how I need it when I start to feel that way. I can't start the pill because I am BF and I don't want to do that. I will be ok with getting pregnant again anyway because I want my babies close, but if like you said you are not BF and the pill has helped you before maybe you should give it a try because it will be better for you and baby if you don't have to deal with feeling that way. Good luck!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2005, 05:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: PPD, Baby Blues and Birth Control

It did not help for me. I was on the pill from 3 weeks post-pardum and was diagnosed with PPD 3 months post-pardum. I was shocked since I did not have negative feelings toward the baby and wasn't moody all the time, it just seemed like when I was overly-exhausted I would be really weepy and not be able to get a grip, but I would get a little sleep and be fine for a few days. I just thought I was too sleep-deprived and never would have guessed it was PPD. I just didn't feel like myself and seemed to be picking stupid fights with DH over nothing and I am normally very easy-going and we NEVER fight, especially over little things. I just couldn't control it. Anyway, my doc prescribed Paxil and that has worked wonders. I feel more like myself again. The birth control didn't do anything for my PPD.

Closed Thread