It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Postpartum Depression (PPD) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2005, 09:53 AM   #1
(female)

the brady bunch HB User
Is this PPD?

Well where to start. I am a new mom, delivered on October 26th #3.I am feeling very overwhelmed, and upset about everything. I find myself constantly yelling at my dh, and sometimes my older children. My dh just got a new job working 3rd shift so when i return to work we won't need daycare. I feel like we don't have any time to be a couple, because he is sleeping during the day. He asked me yesterday what I want him to do to make me happy, but the thing is I DON'T KNOW!!!! I know I am being irrational, but need help to figure out what to do about it!!!! HELP!!!!

Old 11-16-2005, 11:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User
Re: Is this PPD?

First off, congratulations on your new little one!! Boy or Girl? What was the weight?
Anyway, my husband also works the night shift and sleeps during the day. Currently I am working 3 days a week so he stays up with ds from 8am when he gets home until his nap at 12-3pm and then is up with him again until around 8:30pm when he goes back to sleep. I am currently 17 wks prego with our 2nd child and am really worried about when I'm home again with 2 and not having him around. I already lose my patience and he says the same thing to me "What do you want me to do to make you happy". Same response, "I DON'T KNOW!?" I'm a little worried about post partum because I had it really bad with ds.
I don't know what to tell you to help but I can give you reassurance that you're not the only one!
Did you feel this way before your 3rd arrived or did it just start since the delivery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
(female)

the brady bunch HB User

I had a boy, 9 pounds 5 ounces. I thank you for your reply and letting me know I am not the only one hwo is going thru this. I hope things go well for you. Why do you think it is that we get so irrational?

Old 11-16-2005, 04:39 PM   #4
(female)

cark HB User

It was the same for me too.. youre definitely NOT alone. I think for me it was just the exhaustion in those first few weeks along with the hormones.. but it DOES go away. Real postpartum depression is more profound and serious. If gets worse or you feel you need it, just discuss it with your doc. Antidepressants and sometimes even BC pills to even out hormones are used and help for some.

Im 38 weeks pregnant with the 4th ( 2 live births, one preemie that passed, and a new one due any minute) and this time I intend on taking it easy and not getting so overwhelmed and exhausted.

Him working 3rd is rough I can imagine.. next time he asks if there is anything he can do say "YES.. when youre off work ( like a weekend or etc) give me a day to myself" sleep, go get your nails done, whatever you enjoy or feel your body and mind needs to take a little break, trust me.. this helps.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

baby#2 HB User

We get so irrational because our hormones are all outta wack and our lives have been disrupted (from what we were use to). It's hard work having babies, in all sense of the word "work". It's also such a pleasure and joy to have these little miracles in our lives. Sometimes the anxiety, worry and depression clouds that fact. My PPD after my first was so severe that I would tell my husband pretty much every day to not be surprised if when he came home the next morning, I wasn't there. I meant it too, at the time. I didn't want to be around anymore and had really nasty suicidal thoughts all the time. I went on anti-depressants and within 2 weeks I was loving life and my little man. He was 9lbs 6ozs by the way. Only one oz difference!
Our minds are such a fragile thing that so easily can be tampered with. Stay strong and realize that this is only temporary and that things will get much, much better! I think I have to take some of my own advice don't you think! LOL.

Closed Thread