It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Postpartum Depression (PPD) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2002, 01:00 AM   #1

Spaggie HB User
Post PPD and Trileptal

Hi! I'm new here. I was trying to find some info on the net about my meds and came across these boards. You all seems like a welcoming and informative bunch, so maybe you can help me.

I have been suffereing from post partum depression (PPD)since my daughter was born almost 2 years ago. Last April my husband finally made some calls for me and got me into see a doctor. I have been on Zoloft and now take 100mg a day. She had me taking Depakote as well, but the side effects were too much. She just started me on Trileptal to help with the mood swings.

All of the info I can find on Trileptal concerns seizures and/or epilepsy. So my question is, have any of you been prescribed Tripletal for mood swings and do you know where I can find some info on it?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2002, 03:08 PM   #2

Spaggie HB User
Just wanted to bump this up!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2002, 11:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

catgirl HB User
Hi Spaggie,

I don't know anything about the drug you are currently taking, but wanted to say welcome & I hope you find the right med that helps. Cat

Old 02-13-2003, 08:01 PM   #4

Amosquito HB User
I was just prescribed the lowest dose of it, for ANXIETY. Dr. says it has shown to work for chronic, brain chemistry based anxiety. I already take Depakote with no side effects read: I don't feel it "hit me" after taking it, but I do wonder if it makes my cognitive stuff fuzzy. My anxiety/panic is so bad I may take half of the dose he gave me to try before bed. I do well on LOW doses of the meds.

Closed Thread