It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Postpartum Depression (PPD) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
(female)

lotsixchikk HB User
Postpartum Depression

I just had my 2nd baby 2 months ago and now I have postpartum depression. I know this because my sister has been diagnosed with it twice and I have all the symptoms she did as well as symptoms I have found through research. Where can I go to get treatment and how can I get treatment. I don't have health insurance and I can't afford to pay for treatment or a prescription. Is there somewhere I can go near Rochester, NY that can give me these things for free?

Old 09-28-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NVD HB User
Re: Postpartum Depression

Hi, I'm not sure about free clinics in NY, but I'm sure if you call the Board of Pyschological Health, they might be able to direct you in the right direction. Also have you tried clinics like Planned Parenthood, Baby Your Baby, or other programs like that?? What about the hospital social workers where your baby was born? A lot of times the hospitals can offer some services as well.
I too suffered PPD after my second...and the best thing that helped me get through it was surrounding myself with friends, family, and anyone who could help me through the day. Put the baby in a stroller and go for a walk, keep taking your prenatal vitamins, and if you don't have any left get some One a day type vitamins, try and find a "Mama and Me" type play group, so you and your little ones will get some interaction! Good luck...hopefully it will pass soon, and you can enjoy being a mama to your new little one!
Amber

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread