It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Postpartum Depression (PPD) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
(male)

swishy HB User
tuberculosis PPD test

Hello, a while back I had a tuberculosis PPD test done as a job I was soon to be employed with was with a school board and required me to get the test. I'm normally good with needles, so I went in and got the shot, and was told to wait in the waiting room for 10 minutes before leaving. I sat there for about a minute and began to feel strange, dizzy, i stood up, which didn't help things and wandered back to the hall for help. By this point i couldn't see very well, and i later found out i was on the verge of passing out. I found a nurse, i think, and before i know it people had a wheelchair for me and an ice pack on my neck. They took me to a bed to lay me down. Laying down helped, and soon the dizziness passed, and I was free to go. 3 days later I went back to get my "bump" examined (the test leaves a bump) which at this point was practically non-existant, and the verdict was I didn't have TB.

My real question is, this clearly isn't a normal reaction to the test. Should I have inquired as to why I almost fainted? Or better yet, does anyone know why this could have happened? Is it possible I could have a TB infection (inactive)?

I suppose you may be wondering why, now, I decide to worry about this. I don't know why now, I was just laying in bed and remembered it, then thought to myself "how very odd that was" and one thing lead to another. Anyways, if someone could offer some analysis of the above, I would be very VERY greatful. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread