It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Postpartum Depression (PPD) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
(female)

lori1017 HB User
Postpartum Depression

I have a young mother friend who I am sure is suffering from postpartum depression. She is a Marine and the Marine doctors have diagnosed her with bipolar. I'm sure she is not bipolar. I had postpartum after my first child and recognize the symptoms. Her life is falling apart and I would like to get her help off base. We live in Fallbrook. Can you recommend a doctor near here who would accept her military insurance? Her child is now 9 months old but I started seeing the signs when he was 2 or 3 months old. She is in bad shape and needs help sooner than later. Thank you, Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
(female)

JenniW77 HB User
Re: Postpartum Depression

If she is in the military, call the VA hospital/center located in her area and they should be able to recommend a facility close to her. But be aware you may get the run around before you get someone who can help you. The more you stress the danger she is in, the more likely you are to get someone to help right away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
(female)

lori1017 HB User
Re: Postpartum Depression

Thank you for the information. God Bless you for replying.

Closed Thread