It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Postpartum Depression (PPD) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
(male)

akap HB User
CPPD or Psoriatic Arthritis?

i have had a left knee swelling problem for a couple of years now.

It started behind the knee, i would get up from my chari and not be physically able to straighten my knee . bending it more and messaging the tendons immediately made this go away.

Within a year i was unable to walk for a day or two once a month, a year after that i was unable to walk for 4-5 days every 12 days. Like clockwork i would no when to call in (until i was fired).

After many doctors, many cortisone injections and after a few medications i was diagnosed with psoriatic arthiritis, and was sent to a rheumatologist, but he examined the fluid he extracted from my knee and determined that i have cppd calcium pyrophosphate dehydrate.

was prescribed indomethacin 75mg, colchicine .6mg, and magox 400mg x2 each daily. The swelling has almost completely subsided in my knee but not my ankles. the pattern is the same there.

I had surgery and the swelling went away for 8 months until i got a job where i was on my feet a lot. I was able to loose quite a bit of weight after the surgery, but when the swelling came back, i couldn't keep up an exercise routine and i lost my job.

I think my doc is looking for an easy answer and seems to be ignoring some other symptoms.

Is it possible the first doc (orthopedic doc) right about psoriatic arthritis?

the knee would fill with about 100-160 cc's of synnovial fluid every 12 days and would go away after a few days. it would take about 3 days until it was fully swollen. This happened for many months until the meds helped, but only the knee, not the ankles.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread