It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Postpartum Depression (PPD) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

xlollyx11 HB User
suffering from postpartum depression

Hey i was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to help me on my recovery from depression any replys i would be really greatful thanks

Old 05-11-2010, 05:56 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: suffering from postpartum depression

HI,postpartum depression is different for every woman.Some have virtually none and others have it bad.
For me,it started shortly after coming home from the hospital and lasted a few weeks to a month.
If it lasts longer then that for you,you may want to talk to a doctor.You could have a hormonal imbalance such as thyroid or other causing it to last and be worse.

For me nothing really helped except support from my husband and family.Not getting any sleep with newborns in itself can cause depression,so try to have someone help you out so you can get some sleep.Nap when the baby naps (if you are able and don't have to work)
Make sure you are eating right,and try to get some sunshine at least once a day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
(female)

xlollyx11 HB User

Thanks very much for your reply! I get my up and down days i have been on antidepressent for 4 weeks now! I get a lot of support from my partner and family so that helps

Old 05-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

Good,an antidepressant should help a lot! They just take a while to really start working.

Closed Thread