It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Postpartum Depression (PPD) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

eli4jc HB User
strange taste in mouth

Hi,

I have been having weird metallic taste in my mouth for last 3 months and hope to find some answrs. I went to several doctors, done all kinds of blood test, CT SCAN, urine test, hormone test, everything came out in the normal range. I am 5 months postpartum and I remember having metallic taste in my mouth all throughout my pregnancy and it was gone the moment I gave birth. Then I breastfed for 3 1/2 months my baby. About 2 months after I gave birth, the metallic taste slowly came back and it's still here ever since.

I had "regular" period once about 2 weeks after I quit breastfeeding, but havent had another one since then. So it's been like 2 months with no period. I heard that it can be very irregular until the hormones settle down.

Anybody had experience with metallic taste after birth? If so, how long did it last? Is it hormonal? I wanted to get a complete hormone panel but the doctors insusted that it won't help because my hormones are fluctuating so much right now.

Please help! I want to put an end to this aweful taste in my mouth!!

Closed Thread