It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2004, 02:13 AM   #1

ChrissynJ HB User
Smile Ovulation

I have a new question. First Id like to thank everyone who answered my other one about me being pregnant. Sorry to inform you all I misscarried at 5 and a half weeks.
My new question is, does a women ovulate 5 days? B/C I keep hearing people say during ovulation it's best to have sex right before ovulation and right after ovulation. But, I thought you're supposed to have sex DURING ovulation!! During ovulation, what are the best days to become preg??

Oh and if you only get preg if you're ovulating then why do people say you can become preg during your period??
THANX

Old 10-01-2004, 05:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

reni HB User
Re: Ovulation

Once a woman releases an egg from her ovary (ovulates), the egg only stays alive for 24 hours. If you have sex right before the egg is released, you can get pregnant because sperm can live inside your reproductive tract for a few days. You can get pregnant after the egg is released, but only in that 24-hour window.

The way someone could get pregnant during their period is if they have sex at the end of their period, the sperm stayes alive for several days, AND they ovulate early. A little far-fetched, but not impossible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2004, 12:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

I agree with reni. The highest chances of pregnancy occur 1-2 day before up to a day after ovulation because of how long sperm can survive. You don't ovulate for five days, but it may be possible to get pregnant over a five day span.

Old 10-03-2004, 11:11 PM   #4

ChrissynJ HB User

You both were a big help. Thanks so much. Ive done a lot of talking with my Fiancee and since the miscarriage Ive had a change of heart. I know it sounds crazy just to change your mind like this but Ive decided we should definitly wait before we try to get pregnant. Im just eighteen you know? So he said fine but he's not too happy about it. He wants to start a family with me..but too bad. He'll have to wait. LOL.
Well, I'm still bleeding and it's on its sixth day. *definitly not normal for me*..So, I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again and have a great week

Closed Thread