It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2004, 03:28 PM   #1
(male)

Don0608 HB User
Can a girl get pregnant on her peroid???

Ok, I know this is going to sound gross but my girlfriend started her peroid late wed, and we ended up having unprotected sex anyway and I ejaculated in her, now this is the first time i have ever ejaculated in her and now we are both worried and want to know if she can get pregnant off of this, I know it was a dum thing to do and believe me it wont happen again, any info will help thanks...

Old 12-31-2004, 03:37 PM   #2
Inactive

Regina21 HB User
Re: Can a girl get pregnant on her peroid???

A lot of people think that if a girl has sex during her period, she can't get pregnant. But even though this is a common belief, it is possible for a girl to get pregnant while she is on her period.

Last edited by Regina21; 12-31-2004 at 03:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2004, 03:39 PM   #3
(male)

Don0608 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina21
Yes a girl can get pregnant while on her period. However, since she was on her menstraul cycle it lowers her chances, but then again anytime you have unprotected sex, there's always a chance.
Well, she started like a 2 hours before we had sex, would it matter where she was in her peroid?? Is she more at risk in the beg. middle or end?? Or does it not matter where she is??

Old 12-31-2004, 06:36 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

It's unlikely, but possible. Wait and see if she gets her next period. If not, take a test. Good luck!

Ammalin Rose - 10.23.2004
Nevaeh Marie - 05.16.2006

Old 12-31-2004, 07:04 PM   #5
(female)

HollyGoLightly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don0608
Ok, I know this is going to sound gross but my girlfriend started her peroid late wed, and we ended up having unprotected sex anyway and I ejaculated in her, now this is the first time i have ever ejaculated in her and now we are both worried and want to know if she can get pregnant off of this, I know it was a dum thing to do and believe me it wont happen again, any info will help thanks...
No, she can't get pregnant from unprotected sex at the beginning of her period. A period is the shedding of the lining of the uterus--where the fertilized egg attaches. No lining, no place for the egg to attach. Even though sperm can live 3-5 days inside the woman, there still wouldn't be a lining built up 3-5 days later. Besides that, you don't get your period and ovulate at the same time--that makes no biological sense. Both events are controlled by hormones, I won't go into the details, but with certain hormone changes (rise/fall) you get menstruation and with others you get ovulation.

The only way to get pregnant while menstruating is if you have intercourse at the tail end of it, the sperm live for 5 days inside you, AND you ovulate very early that month. Not very likely at all, but theoretically can happen.

The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGoLightly For This Useful Post:
rednek (02-10-2012)
Old 01-01-2005, 06:25 AM   #6
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Holly~~ Im confused at the beginning of your post you said no theres no way she can get pg. then at the end you said not likely, but theoretically it can happen.
do you think yes or no it could happen? you said two different answers to if its possiable.
Lol just didnt know if you relized that.

Old 01-01-2005, 10:52 AM   #7
(male)

Don0608 HB User

You said the sperm can live for 5 days inside of her?? Well, she is off of her peroid today, so does this mean the sperm can find the egg and do its thing now?? It hasent even been 5 days since we had up sex!!

Old 01-01-2005, 05:13 PM   #8
(female)

HollyGoLightly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaboyz
Holly~~ Im confused at the beginning of your post you said no theres no way she can get pg. then at the end you said not likely, but theoretically it can happen.
do you think yes or no it could happen? you said two different answers to if its possiable.
Lol just didnt know if you relized that.
I gave two different answers to two different scenarios--you need to read more carefully. You cannot get pregnant having sex the first day of your period. Even if you somehow ovulated then, there would be no lining in your uterus for the fertilized egg to attach. I said the only way to get pregnant on your period is to have sex at the tail end of it, the sperm lives for a few days AND you ovulate early. That is NOT LIKELY, but does happen to some women with erratic periods.

Old 01-01-2005, 05:19 PM   #9
(female)

HollyGoLightly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don0608
You said the sperm can live for 5 days inside of her?? Well, she is off of her peroid today, so does this mean the sperm can find the egg and do its thing now?? It hasent even been 5 days since we had up sex!!
The egg has to be released by the ovary (ovulation) for the sperm to fetilize it. The sperm doesn't go swimming up to the ovary and come a'knockin

You had sex on the first day of her period, correct? She was shedding the lining of her uterus then, not releasing an egg. Your little guys would be dead 5 days later (and that's a stretch.. most experts say sperm live about 3 days inside the female reproductive tract). You have nothing to worry about.

Old 01-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #10
Inactive

Regina21 HB User

Just out of curiosity, but Holly where does your information come from? Please don't get upset, i'm just wondering{removed} I was ALWAYS under the impression that anytime you had unprotected sex with your partner there was a chance for pregnancy. I am now 23 weeks pregnant and remembering correctly (trying 2 count back here) I was intimate with my fiance before, during and after my cycle.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 01-01-2005 at 06:47 PM. Reason: do not ask poster to break posting rules.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #11
(female)

dm76 HB User

sorry to drop the news to you like this, but I got pregnant with my second child during my period.

Closed Thread