It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2005, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

DreamingOfPreg HB User
Peeing after intercourse really doesn't decrease your risk??

Today after we had intercourse, about an hour after I got up to go to the bathroom. My DF said that I shouldn't do that because it decreases your risk of pregnancy when you're TTC. That's not true, right? He really got me worried.

Thank you.

Old 01-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #2
Inactive

Regina21 HB User
Re: Peeing after intercourse really doesn't decrease your risk??

I really don't believe that peeing after you've had intercourse will decrease your chances of getting pregnant. I always had to go the bathroom soon after intercourse with my fiance (not cuz i was trying to decrease my chances, just because my bladder is the size of a peanut lol)....i'm now 6 months pregnant. I wouldn't believe it for a second...especially when you got up an hour later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2005, 08:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

when i was ttc...and I was having a difficult time doing so....my dr told me not to pee afterwards....as it washes out SOME of the semen...which decreases the chances of conceiving....I DO, HOWEVER, WANT TO STRESS...peeing afterwards does NOT prevent pregnancy! So, please dont use that as a method of birth control!!!

Old 01-17-2005, 07:40 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

saraht1 HB User

usually when they tell you not to urinate afterwards it is meant immediately afterwards. One hour certainly isn't going to effect your chances.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

andrea03 HB User

Ok, peeing after intercourse has nothing to do with increasing or decreasing your chances of becoming pregnant, although if you are ttc sources say to lay flat on your back for a couple of minutes. The point of peeing after sex is to clean out your urethra so you don't get a UTI or bladder infection.

Old 01-17-2005, 04:20 PM   #6
Inactive

mlgable HB User

Urinating after sex should not decrease your chances of getting pregnant since urine flows out of the urethra and does not enter the vagina where your parteners semen is.

Old 01-17-2005, 05:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

very true............and thats what I had always been told...so when I told my dr that I was peeing immediately after sex...she said "No, not if you are trying to get pregnant...you are just washing the sperm out!!!"---and I told her that I had always been told that it was the right thing to do, to prevent UTI's, etc...and she said that I was told right....but if you are TTC...that its better to not go pee immediately afterwards...to increase the chances and not risk washing out "good sperm". I would never try to go an hour or so without going to the potty...but I dont get straight up and empty my bladder. I hold off for about 30 minutes...if I can....If I cant....I at least try to hold off for 10 minutes or so.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:02 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

I cant see how it would wash out the sperm, being as the urine and sperm are in two different places! Personally i place my legs up against the wall to increase my chances of concieving, i do this for 1/2 an hour and then i normally have to pee but i cant see what difference it makes peeing straight after intercourse

Last edited by sammieP; 01-18-2005 at 03:02 AM.

Closed Thread