It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
(female)

sporty_gurl HB User
Question So What Happens Now?!?

Ok here's my dilemma...

My boyfriend and I are always very safe when we have sex such as using condoms and checking them afterwards with water for holes and things like that...well heres where i get a little confused...i was supposed to start my period July 2nd or 3rd and it never came, so we went to the store and bought two EPT's i took one on the 11th of July and again on the 19th of July and got two negative reads...well my period still hasnt come and it's August 17th and i took another EPT on the 16th of August and the result was negative....i just don't understand what is going on....i know that stress plays a huge role in missed/late periods but i've been trying to calm down i'm just a little clueless as to what's wrong with me oh and not that it matters or anything but i am 18 and my boyfriend is 19 so we know what precautions to take when having sex and/or foreplay. So here is my question:

•Is it possible to be pregnant after taking 3 pregnancy tests AFTER your MISSED/LATE period and getting negative reads on all 3 pregnancy tests?

¤••¤ THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO REPLIES TO THIS ¤••¤

Old 08-17-2005, 08:55 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

dsleik HB User
Re: So What Happens Now?!?

are your periods always regular? i would say if you waited that long in between taking tests that the pregnancy hormone definately would have shown up by now... but there are rare cases where it doesnt or if you are having a tubal pregnancy ( which can kill you) other than stress it can also mean fibroids or cancers of the uterus and such or endometriosis. You need to see a dr immediately just to be sure everythign is ok and if you are pregnant, you need the proper prenatal care. glad youre practicing safe sex though!! keep me posted! xoxox

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2005, 09:11 AM   #3
(female)

sporty_gurl HB User

thanks for the reply dsleik...my periods are usually pretty regular but when i'm really stressed out my periods can delay a long time like once i was 41 days late so i'm thinking it's just stress because i'm getting ready to head off to college and my grandmother is in the hospital and they havent figured out what is wrong with her yet..hopefully it's just stress but if i havent started by the time i move into the dorms i'll talk with a doctor on campus

Old 08-17-2005, 11:30 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

dsleik HB User

sorry to hear about your grandma.... i think youre right, youre stressing about that and nervous about college. i stressed too before i left for college. {removed} im not sure if i would wait to see a dr on campus...they arent usually the best. you need to see a gynecologist to see whats wrong and asap so if it is serious then it can be fixed especially if your last period was in june.. thats not normal and healthy. have you thought about going on the pill? i went on it 4 yrs ago when i turned 18 and it regulated my period until i stopped taking it. make an appt w a gynecologist asap! good luck w everything xoxoxo

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-17-2005 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Off topic.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #5
(female)

sporty_gurl HB User

{removed} • if it was an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy why isn't the HCG hormone present when taking the EPT and other than my missed/late period i do not have any other symptoms other than minimal cramping every now and then like i'm going to be starting my period soon but nothing major or painstaking?

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-17-2005 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Off topic

Old 08-17-2005, 12:25 PM   #6
(female)

Melissa1983 HB User

Sporty - hey.. if it was a tubal pregnancy, the pregnancy hormone would not be released. When the zygote becomes fertilized (usually occurs in the fallopian tubes), it must travel down to the uterus and attach itself to the uterine wall. In order for it to attach (and, therefore become an embryo) it must send out a chemical signal saying "I'm ready to implant on the wall now". This signal goes straight to the pituitary gland which creates a cascade of signals/hormones. This is what releases the pregnancy hormone.

If the fertilized zygote is somehow unable to send out the "i'm ready" signal, then it won't be able to implant itself on the wall and will be flushed out with menstration. Now, in a tubal pregnancy, the fertilized zygote somehow attaches or becomes trapped in the fall. tubes. In this event, it doesn't reach the uterus to send the "I'm ready" signal. It also cannot be flushed out by menstration, since it is in the tubes and not the uterus.

Go to a gyno ASAP. You may be nervous, so write what you want to say on a piece of paper first. Don't worry, they are so helpful. Good luck.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:05 PM   #7
(female)

sporty_gurl HB User

{removed} i'm hoping it is just all the stress that i'm under that is causing this but i really don't know and my boyfriend is scared to death because he called and i told him what i've been researching and now he's insisting that i go to the doctor ASAP which i will do as soon as i can...just things are so hectic down here and that might not be possible till i head back up to the campus but i'll definately go see a doctor if my period doesn't come soon..i want to thank all of you for replying to me because i don't know what i would do if this post wasn't here! i'll definately keep in touch

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-17-2005 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Reference to deleted post.

Closed Thread