It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 06:01 AM   #1
(female)

tess_h HB User
period and pregnancy

Ok so lets try this again....

Someone wrote on here that it was possible to still have your period if you were pregnant. How is that possible? If the point of a period is to expell an unfertilized egg how can you still have it if you are pregnant?

Also, if a woman is in her cycle and is sexually active I know it is possible to get pregnant. But would the period stop soon after if she did conceive or would it continue and the next one just not appear?

A lot of people have also been asking if a cold is a sign of pregnancy? Myth or truth?

Last edited by tess_h; 09-01-2005 at 06:05 AM.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: period and pregnancy

Sometimes a period just happens, usually when conception occurred close to the time that the period was due. Also, many women confuse implantation bleeding (from conception) with a very light period. Very few women get an actual period while pregnant.

If a woman conceives on the day that her period is to start, the period isn't just going to stop immediately.

And no, a cold isn't a sign of pregnancy.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-02-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 12:56 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

you don't get your period. you can have bledding though or spotting but not a period. a period is not bleeding from your vagina it the shedding of the uterus which results in bleeding.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User

You can get your period, because you can still ovulate.

It's a very rare woman who does it, and generally the pregnancy you have isn't healthy to begin with. There have been cases of women getting a period throughout their entire pregnancy though without a problem. Just as there have been wome who have been 'double fertilized' through a second egg being released after the first implants. Generally speaking, it doesn't happen, but it isn't unheard of.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:55 PM   #5
(female)

Baby#4 HB User

Yes a person can still get there period while pregnant even up till they give birth, it's a much lighter period it's not so heavy and only last a few day ever cycle. And ya i would say you kind of get like a flu like sypmtoms when pregnant, i did with all three of mine.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:17 AM   #6
(female)

Skylar333 HB User

It is rare for a women to have a regular period while pregnant, but it happens. My grandma had her period both her pregnancies and up to the 7th month of pregnancy. So it does happen. And many women spot in the first trimester which is relatively normal. It all depends on the women and how her body is. A cold is not a sign of pregnancy. Although the hormones that a pregnant women has surging through her body can cause nasal problems.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:12 PM   #7
(female)

tess_h HB User

if you can have your period though, how can you really tell that you're pregnant during the first months?

Old 09-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User

You might not really know if you are pregnant. I remember a real case (that was made into an E.R. hehe...) where a woman believed she just had a tumor in her stomach, and was actually 5-6 months preggers. She kept getting her period so it never occurred that she might be with child.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-02-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Closed Thread