It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

larissa2005 HB User
Sore Muscles? Pregnant?

When you're pregnant would the muscles on the side of your abdomen, and around your ab area get sore? Like...6 weeks into the pregnancy? And when the pregnancy weight comes on, where exactly do you see the gain? your whole stomache, middle of stomache, lower stomache? ....these may be dumb questions, just need answers

Old 09-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #2
(female)

LadyoftheLake HB User
Re: Sore Muscles? Pregnant?

First of all there are a ton of symptoms that are both pregnancy related and non pregnancy related. Mostly when a woman is pregnant she experiences more than one, but for others some don't even get any.
As for sore muscles, well I'm sure some women experience that but my guess will be in the later stages of pregnancy when the baby is bigger. In the beginning the baby is only a speck and doesn't take up alot of room, but in the 2nd and 3rd trimester that is when most women start showing the most.

As for weight gain, again some women experience it greatly some don't. Some don't even show at all, but that is a rare few. I know my one SIL she mostly gets big all over her body and doesn't develop much of a pregnancy stomach as for me well I gained weight everywhere but I got a belly.

By the way did you take a test yet? Don't assume your pregnant without taking one, I see alot of posts on here from young women who think they are pregnant cause they are having different symptoms and they get themselves very stressed out and worried. Your best bet is just to take a test and if it comes out negative and you are still worried either take another test or go get a blood test.

By the way if you are having cramps or soreness in your lower abdomen I would diffently get that checked out, you could have ovarian cysts or something along that lines.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 11:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: Sore Muscles? Pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larissa2005
When you're pregnant would the muscles on the side of your abdomen, and around your ab area get sore? Like...6 weeks into the pregnancy? And when the pregnancy weight comes on, where exactly do you see the gain? your whole stomache, middle of stomache, lower stomache? ....these may be dumb questions, just need answers
When I got pregnant with my son I didn't find out until I was 5 to 6 weeks along and was not sore at all. No muscles sore...no abs sore...nada. The symptoms I did have though was my breasts hurting. They felt like I had been punched and were bruised. It wasn't a horrific pain, but enough to know discomfort. And then came along the missed period. Some woman may gain weight like the above poster mentioned and some dont. I thought I was gonna put on a ton of weight, but surprsingly I didn't. I was 8 months pregnant and no one could really tell. Sure there was a bulge there, but I looked like maybe I was 3 or 4. Sometimes all the weight is just do to the baby. When my fiances sister got pregnant she plumped up all over. She was a very skinny girl who got "plumper" in the face, her shoulders got bigger as so did her hips (and mine as well)...as you can see, no 2 pregnancies are ever the same. Every woman experiences different symptoms, every woman carries different, some get sick, some dont...Ooh and it wasn't a dumb question. Just hope it was some help to you.

Closed Thread