It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #1
(female)

Catherine83 HB User
We used a condom but...pregnant??

Hi! Over the past month, I had sex 3 times and he used a condom every time. Also, I make him pull out before he goes even though he has a condom on. I know that sounds crazy to pull out with a condom on but both of us agree on doing this. I am not on the pill and I currently have no health insurance since I just switched jobs and have to wait 90 days. So, my period is now 5 days late but to be honest my period is known to be late every month. 5 days is not out of the norm for me. However, I worry about EVERYTHING and this is top on my list at the moment. What are the chances of my being pregnant??

I got my period on Nov. 25th and it ended on Dec. 1st. Then I got my period on Jan 1st and it ended Jan6th. I had sex Jan 13th, 24th, and expected my period on Feb 1st but didn't get it. Then had sex on Feb 3rd. Its now Feb 6th and still no period so I'm about 5 days late from expected but like I said...I'm always LATE..I've skipped a whole month before. As soon as I get insurance I'm going to the gyno about being late and getting on the pill for that.. but as of now... I'm scared that I could be pregnant. I took a First Response test on Feb. 2nd and it was negative. How long should I wait and take another test.

Also, I start this new job on Monday Feb. 13th and I just can't focus because I'm soo worried. I'm scared it will effect my work performance and I cannot even hardly get out of bed because I'm so worried and stressed about this whole situation. I'm feel so stupid and its my own fault for putting myself in the situation but what is done is done and there is no turning back now. Also, I talked to my boyfriend about this and he thinks that I am crazy for thinking that I could be pregnant when he was wearing a condom and he pulled out. He says that my worrying is making it later and later. BUT there is pre-ejaculation and who's to say that the condom didn't have some tiny tiny hole that wasn't visable. Am I overreacting about this?? Should I be this worried?? Someone please help. Anyone...Thank you so much. - Cat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
(female)

Faythey HB User
Re: We used a condom but...pregnant??

Yes, you are probably overreacting a little. If you are consistently late, that probably just means that your cycle is longer than the average womans. Give it a week, if you can, and then test again. However, if you remain stressed then you can delay your period even longer.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

Hiya Catherine.

Your protected against pregnancy hun and are being responsible by using a condom when he pulls out and during all sexual encounters. You wont get pregnant this way hun unless the condom splits or tears or falls off.

Dont worry ok because your period will be even later. Use protection at ALL times and you wont get pregnant. Your most likely experiencing irregular cycles which is quite common.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #4
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

Thanks to both of you who wrote me back. You made me feel better about it, but of course I will not stop completely until I get my period. I really have tried to get my mind off of it but I just can't. I decided that if I dont get it by Sat. then I'm going to test again on Sun morning. But again, thanks for the replys because it really does make me feel better to hear this from someone else. I cannot talk to my mom about it and that has been really bothering me. This is the one subject that I just can't tell her about because I dont want her to be dissapointed in me. I know it would break her heart and I just can't bear that...this is a great place to vent. Thanks again and I'll write back when I test again :-)

Old 02-07-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
(female)

Jezabelly8 HB User
Cool Re: We used a condom but...pregnant??

STOP WORRYING! I am never late with my periods and one month I was 4 days late and I started to worry like crazy!!! Because and due to all the stress I caused myself, I actually skipped my entire period. If the test says you are not pregnant YOU ARE NOT! Even if you are only one day late the test will be 99.9% accurate. Once you let yourself calm down I GUARANTEE it will come. ALSO you said that your period didnt end until the 6th last month. That means that you technically should not get your period until the 5th 6th or 7th of this month, remember it runs in a 24-32 day cycle, some women are longer and some are shorter. I get mine every 5 weeks! Good luck with everything, you will be fine.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
(female)

Catherine83 HB User
Wink Re: We used a condom but...pregnant??

:-) Stress can really take a tole on us girl huh?? :-) I'm actually going to get out of bed and go to a movie with some friends tomorrow. So, I'm definantly going to try to calm down. The more I think about how slim the chances of pregnancy are...the more stupid I feel about all the worrying...but I'm one of those "the glass is half empty people" and I try to prepare myself with the worst so I wont get dissapointed...its soooo dumb and such a waste of my time but its like my mind just takes over. But, in all seriousness, I'm gonna try to not stress and THANKS SO MUCH for all the advice you guys! Big hugs to you all!!!!

Old 02-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

Since you tend to have irregular menstrual cycles, I would say in this case, you probably are not pregnant. However, just keep in mind that even if condoms are used correctly.......they are NOT 100% effective. Nothing is, except for abstinence of course. Using a condom in conjunction with the "pull out" method......I would say that you are most likely pretty safe. Also, stress can definately delay your period. So, try not to stress. Good luck!

Old 02-09-2006, 08:27 AM   #8
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

I wanted to update you all and you are going to laugh. Ok ok..so I swore I would calm down and try to relax so my period would come. So, I did ...a little.. but last night I went to Walgreens and got another First Response Test. I knew I would wake up in the morning and take it. So, I woke up, took the test, and it was negative. It wasn't even 5 min's after taking the test that my stomache felt weird and sure enough I got my period!!! LOL..so that is a great example of how stress can really delay a period. I guess I just needed to see that negative sign to put mind at ease. Thanks again for all the help and advice. You all have been very comforting and I appreciate it. Bye for now (and hopefully you wont see me back here with the same problem :-) - Catherine

Old 02-09-2006, 09:27 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

Well that is one less stress for you. I am glad everything turned out ok for you.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #10
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

Thanks- Me too! Take Care - Catherine

Closed Thread