It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #1
(male)

Sho78 HB User
Can taking a bath get you pregnant?

Hi folks,

My girlfriend ( REMOVED) wiped off the semen from her hands and breasts with several tissues. Then she washed her hands with water, and quickly took a bath.

But we are both worried that her taking a bath might cause her pregnant. I understand that once dried, sperms would not last very long. But she took a bath only 4-5 minutes after she wiped off the semen. She is worried that some (dry) leftovers of the semen/sperms might be washed down by water to her vagina. Is this a likely scenario? Is there a chance she could get pregnant from this situation?

Since this only occurred last night, I'm wondering if using a Home Pregnancy Test strip today will be effective to detect if she has got pregnant, or do we need to wait unti her next period cycle comes?

Physically she is also a virgin (her hymen is intact), as we have never had full-on sex before. Can anyone please help me with this?

Last edited by moderator2; 03-19-2006 at 07:46 PM. Reason: the exact details are not necessary

Old 03-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User
Re: Can taking a bath get you pregnant?

ok first of all....and i am not trying to be mean....but if you and your gf dont understand sex, pregnancy, and tests no better than this....you are obviously too young to be having sex...or playing around.

for one....she is still a virgin....so highly doubtful she will get pg.....UNLESS your private body part touches her private area and you leak semen in that area. although it is unlikely....you CAN get a VIRGIN girl pg IF semen touches her private area, because there is a chance that it can enter where it shouldnt. for two....if she washed her hands before taking a bath.....there would be nothing on her hands to "wash down towards her vagina while taking a bath".......for 3....i have never in my life heard of anyone getting pregnant from taking a bath to wash semen off their body! just dont think that is possible. correct me someone if i am wrong! and lastly.........if this just occurred last night..........no way possible for ANY tests...blood or urine....to detect if pregnancy occurred. you HAVE to wait until its time for her period....AND....if its late....that does NOT necessarily mean that she is pg....so if she misses her period....and the test shows that she is not pg....then she has stressed over the possibility of being pregnant...which could potentially cause her period to be late.

i truly suggest.....to both you and your gf...that you educate yourself fully on sex and pregnancy....as well as sexually transmitted diseases, methods of protection from diseases and pregnancies.....before you make a mistake that you are not ready for....or that you will regret. there is no reason to rush into having sex...take time to learn about each other....and if they are the ones you TRULY want to spend the rest of your life with. you will NOT find that out overnight....or in 6 months...and sometimes, not even in a years time. it takes a good while to learn about the other....AND what you want today....you may not want in 5 years when you have grown and matured more. i wanted different things when i was 14......had totally different ideas when i was 18......and even at 34.....i do not want the same things i wanted 5 years ago.......what i am saying....people are forever changing....their thoughts, their ideas, their wants.......their attitudes.......so you really need to take your time on finding that special someone that you will want to spend eternity with....and dont play around and gamble on having to be a part of someones life that you might potentially end up hating in the future.....example....IF you get this girl pg....you will be STUCK with dealing with her for at least 18 years....you might find out in 6 months or 5 years....that you absolutely despise this girl.....but you have a VERY LONG 18 years to put up with her....helping her raise your child that you had with her. you dont exactly have to live with her for those 18 years....but....you will have to be involved in that childs life....which means you will have no choice but to have to talk to, deal with, and see your childs mother. be smart....dont put yourself in a situation that you might regret....you are apparently too young to be making this big of a decision....so please take your time and enjoy being young and not having responsibilities that adults have. it really is not as glamorous as all teenagers (even me) thinks life on the outside will be. so much stress.....so many bills and problems.....enjoy life as you have it now....cause once you grow up, get married, have kids....whatever order that may come in......you WILL wish MANY TIMES that you could go back to being a kid that only has the responsibilities of playing and having fun.

Last edited by ladybug8372; 03-19-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
(male)

Sho78 HB User

Thanks for your reply LadyBug. FYI, we have been going steady for 6 years and are both adults well into our late 20s. I admit we lack sex education due to the conditions of our originating country.

Sex education was a taboo where we originally came from. So we do have lots to learn. I have read that some women are born without hymen, or they may have accidentally lost their virginity due to extreme physical activities. My girlfriend had a similar accident involving a montainbike before, so she isn't sure if her hymen is still intact or not.

Furthermore, I don't see much difference between accidentally spilling semen on her vulva and bathing water washing the semen down to her genital area. Wouldn't both scenarios allow a small chance of sperms going inside her vagina?

I agree with you that there is no need to rush sex, but she has become more impatient with me as she approaches her 30's and wishes to loose her virginity soon. Do you have any advise that I can use to calm her down?

Thank You

Old 03-21-2006, 11:53 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hayley0610 HB User

no she cant get pregnant in the bath, good luck to u both and congrats on ur ability not to have sex after this long in ur relationship!

Closed Thread