It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
(female)

theeblondestar HB User
Exclamation I'm Pregnant

I just found out I am pregnant. I'm about to turn 17 in september and my boyfriend is about to turn 20 in july. My mom stepdad and him don't get along what so ever and I'm scared completely out of my mind of whats going to happen. I live in ohio and I'm not sure of the laws. My friend who is really close to me, said that her dad who is a cop said that nothing can happen to him or i because I'm at the age of consent. My dad absolutely love my boyfriend and i talked to him about it and he said my mom is going to pretty much kill us but hes excited for a grandkid. I don't know what i should do along the lines of having the baby and how i should tell my mom that the guy she hates and forbidded me to be around is the father of my baby. Maybe someone on here can offer me some advice on what to do. I plan on keeping the baby and marrying my boyfriend of 3years.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User
Re: I'm Pregnant

First off Congrats on your baby. It is scary at first and overwhelming but all in all it is a great thing.
About your mom... I have never been in your postion before but it seems to me that your mom is going to need to get over her anger towards your boyfriend. No matter if she likes it or not he is now going to be around for good.
GoodLuck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2006, 12:57 PM   #3

jessica.ayers HB User

I am in a similar situation. I am 9 wks pg by my boyfriend of 4 years. I am 17 he will be 19 next week. My parents are going to flip. I haven't told them yet but I have a doctor's appt today. I'm hoping to get an ultrasound so that when I do tell them, I will have a picture and maybe they won't be so mad. My boyfriend had a lot of drug problems in the past and is still facing court issues but my parents are slowly coming to like him. I think they realize that they were never going to keep us apart. He's a good guy. But anyways...how far along are you? Congrats

Old 05-08-2006, 09:23 PM   #4
(female)

lil*hottie HB User

Well...Congrats! I just want to let you know everything will work out...I was in your situation last year, but I had just turned 16, and my boyfriend was 20 almost 21...Anyways I now have a beautiful baby boy named Kaven Bryan and he is almost 11 months old...It's been hard I am not gonna lie at all, especially since I have been doing it by myself since I was about 3 months pregnant...The dad ended up cheating on me and going to jail, so it has been just me since basically...My parents were furious when I told them and it took them a while for them to be ok with it, but once my belly started to grow and I got ultrasounds they grew to love it...But one thing you need to know is when you tell your parents have your mind already made up on what you are planning on doing, thats what I did and it made it a lot easier...And DON'T quit school or lower yourself just because you are having a child...Having a child should make it 10X better for you to finish and make something of yourself...I am 17 right now and I am graduating May 24th and knowing that I completed school while raising my son has made me so happy...And for me to be able to look down the aisle and see him sitting there cheering me on is even better! But anyways everything works in its own ways, it will be hard but you can do it...

Old 05-09-2006, 12:08 AM   #5
(female)

theeblondestar HB User

Hey thanks for responding... I'm in the first month i dont know exactly I haven't been to the doctor yet I'm to scared to go

Old 05-09-2006, 05:57 AM   #6

jessica.ayers HB User

Look into a Care-Net pregnancy resource center. That's where I went yesterday. They confirmed by HPT and I am even scheduled for an ultrasound on May 25. They were really friendly and my parents don't have to be involved. They don't even have a home phone for me. That way you can tell them when you are ready.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:05 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User

Well i am 21 (i got pg. at 20) and my bf is 19 and im now 30 weeks pregnant and my parents HATE my boyfriend...and my sister started having kids at 17 and is now 23, with 4 kids and they expected me to learn from that and to not have kids til i was married so when i found out i was pg. i was terrified to tell them..and your parents are probably going to be angry at first, they might be for quite a while, but its a lot better to tell them than to wait..they are going to have to find out eventually. i was terrified to tell them, but you will feel relieved when you do...eventually, they will accept the fact that you are going to have a child..and its not about them now..its about what makes you happy..and if this guy makes you happy, then they should be happy for you...my parents still dont like my bf but they are excited now because it is their grandchild too and they accepted the fact that he is the father and is a big part of my life now. you should tell them as soon as you can..the sooner you tell them, the sooner they will accept that. like i said, they will probably be very upset for a while, but give them time and i know they will come around..i know girls who have gotten kicked out of their house for being pg. too young but all of their parents did come around eventually..and since he is the father, no one can keep him away from that child...that would be your decision..your parents cant keep him away..only you can..and if you could prove to the courts that he is an unfit father..but it sounds like you want him around, so dont worry about your family keeping him away..they cant....i hope all works out for you! and congrats on the little one!

Closed Thread