It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
(female)

michelle2340 HB User
Question on the pill can i still be pregnant

I am on the bc pill kariva i start same time each month for over a year now i had unprotected sex may 29, and june 2, in which he did not pull out ..well the 14 of june i was supposed to start i was 3 days late and all that has been coming out is light pink bleeding, and its not continuous its every few hours i get a drop. That started the 17th it is the 18th now and my spotting is almost done with within 24 hours, i took a test it said neg did i take it too soon? I am bloated and crampin like i should be on my period but nothin is comin out like it should be i havent had to wear a tampon or anything...Can i be pregnant? Someone please help me...i have been queasy and tired too whats wrong?

Old 06-19-2006, 05:48 AM   #2
Inactive

mommaboyz HB User
Re: on the pill can i still be pregnant

You said you had unprotected sex well were you taking our pill then? or nothing at all?
If you were on the pill but did not pull out I wouldnt worry too much. Sometimes you can be so scared about it you can mess up your period. But to answer your question yes its still pos to be pg while on the pill. Although not common I (an adult) have 2 kids from being on birth control. Im immune to it I suppose. Its probably too soon for you to take a test now. If you had sex while on the pill and your taking it the RIGHT way I wouldnt worry too much. You will get your period soon I think. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2340
I am on the bc pill kariva i start same time each month for over a year now i had unprotected sex may 29, and june 2, in which he did not pull out ..well the 14 of june i was supposed to start i was 3 days late and all that has been coming out is light pink bleeding, and its not continuous its every few hours i get a drop. That started the 17th it is the 18th now and my spotting is almost done with within 24 hours, i took a test it said neg did i take it too soon? I am bloated and crampin like i should be on my period but nothin is comin out like it should be i havent had to wear a tampon or anything...Can i be pregnant? Someone please help me...i have been queasy and tired too whats wrong?
I have been experiencing the same thing, the only difference is i am only on my active pills still (ortho lo) and ive been spotting for about 4-5 days and i feel like i have to pee all the time! i practically am anyways! My periods not due for another week and half and i feel i might be pregnant! Anyways, i have been told though any spotting or bleeding on your sugar pills indicates that it's a period. Whether it be a huge amount of blood or hardly any at all it still counts. So maybe just this month your period is very light. Ive had those since ive been on the pill where ive only had a very light bleed and then it would be over. But my next month would be back to normal. Never was pregnant. Maybe this is your situation. Take a HPT to ease your mind, but i dont think u are pregnant. Although yes you can get pregnant on the pill still, which does suck. Hopefully i will be okay too! *crosses fingers for both of us!!*

Old 06-19-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused1 HB User

to answer your question can u get pregnut on pill i know for a fact u can i got pregnut for my second child on the pill and i didnt miss any so yes it can happen

Old 06-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #5
(female)

michelle2340 HB User

thanks to everyone who is responding i made a doctors appt for the morning at 8 to get checked out if im not pregnant somethin else is messing up my periods and i need to get it fixed!

Old 06-20-2006, 02:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

Hi Michelle.

I got pregnant on the pill. I thought I was pregnant because my period was 7 days late and when it did arrive it was brown and spotting then I had pinkish spotting. I put this down to a period and didn't find out I was pregnant till I was 2 months into the pregnancy. I had been pregnant previously before this which resulted in a miscarriage so I recognised the signs. Unfortunately this also resulted in a miscarriage when I as 12 weeks into my pregnancy.

But do see your doctor for a quantitative beta hcg blood test. Its the most accurate test going. Your know within 3 days if your pregnant too. Good luck.

Closed Thread