It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #1
(female)

worried16 HB User
Unhappy I need some advice/help.

About 3 weeks ago my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. We didn't know until after the fact so there wasn't much we could do at the time. Neither of us talked about it until the other day, but it's had me so stressed out. I was 2 1/2 weeks late for my period, (which never happens to me,) until today when I got it really light. But it's not like normal, it's on and off. Is there a chance I still could be pregnant? What should I do? At the age of 16- even though I love my boyfriend,- I don't want to bare a child. And my parents wouldn't be happy at all, seeing they are strict Catholtics. Any advice or helpful thoughts? Anything is better then nothing. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: I need some advice/help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worried16
About 3 weeks ago my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. We didn't know until after the fact so there wasn't much we could do at the time. Neither of us talked about it until the other day, but it's had me so stressed out. I was 2 1/2 weeks late for my period, (which never happens to me,) until today when I got it really light. But it's not like normal, it's on and off. Is there a chance I still could be pregnant? What should I do? At the age of 16- even though I love my boyfriend,- I don't want to bare a child. And my parents wouldn't be happy at all, seeing they are strict Catholtics. Any advice or helpful thoughts? Anything is better then nothing. Thanks!

If the condom broke, of course pregnancy is a possibility. You need to take a pregnancy test; it's the only way that you'll know for sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User

Hmmmmmm ... Well, this is tricky. What you describe could very well be the start of your period. But, I still think there's a chance you could be pregnant because it sounds like you did have sex when you were fertile.

I'd just go out and take a test. By now, it should definately show whether or not you're pregnant. That way you'll know for sure. You can get a test for cheap at any major retail store like Wal-Mart or drug store. You also can take them for free at a crisis pregnancy center.

I wouldn't worry about your parents until you know for sure.

I bet since your parents are Catholic birth control might be against thier rules. (However, don't underestimate your parents----I'm Catholic too, and my mom put me on the pill when I was 16 without telling my dad, who is more religious---it was our little mother and daughter secret).

What you might want to do is talk to someone at the pregnancy crisis center about birth control. Planned Parenthood also is a good resource. Many offer inexpensive programs for getting on the pill (or shot or patch or whatever method you choose). Plus, since you're now sexually active, you should start having annual screenings (pap smears) with a doctor or nurse practitioner, which is what they'll do before they prescribe pills. It might seem a little scary at first, but hey--that's just part of being a woman!

Good luck!

Old 08-11-2006, 01:40 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mayam HB User

Just for future reference: After a split condom you have 72 hours to get emergency contraception and 5 days to get a coil fitted, to prevent a pregnancy. Lets hope the change in you period is due to stressing about the incident.
Take a test now to make sure.
Good luck.

Closed Thread