It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #1
(female)

aliasgemini HB User
Please Read! Can I Be Pregnant Again??

Hi Everyone. My name is Cindi. I am a 22 year old married mother of Three. I have 2 girls ages 3, and 2 and a 7 month old son. My question today is, is it possible to get pregnant while not having a period? I havent had a cycle since i concieved my son last may, and although i got one with my other two while nursing the doctors say that it is normal. The thing is is that my hubby and i have had unprotected sex on different occations and i am not on any birth controll and recently i have started to experience some mild cramping that comes and goes and i have had to use the bathroom alot and i have a feeling of fullness in my abdomen when laying on my stomache which are some signs of pregnancy. So overall i just want to know how do i tell if i am pregnant since having a missed period is out of the question and i live in a small town and i dont want to go buy a test in fear that everyone will judge me by getting pregnant so soon again. you would think that after having 3 kids already i would now whether or not i am and the thing is is that i feel like i am but i dont want to scare my hubby if there is now need too. any info on this would be great thank you all so much
cindi

Old 08-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User
Re: Please Read! Can I Be Pregnant Again??

Well, I would go to the doctor to find out, if you're embarassed to buy a test. The doctor has to be confidential about it. Don't wouldn't worry too much about what other people think. Let them judge and live your life as you see fit. The small town gossip will cool off when they find something else to occupy their meaningless lives. Plus, if you are pregnant, you're going to have to deal with that anyway. There's a good chance you could be pregnant, since you've been having unprotected sex without birth control. Even if you aren't getting your period yet, you could still be ovulating, especially since it sounds like you're a fertile lady. Call your doctor and tell them what is going on. Good luck to you and your family! Don't let the rest of the world get in the way of your happiness!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #3
(female)

aliasgemini HB User

Thank you for your advice and you are very right about the whole town thing my only thing is is that i dont want it getting to my hubby unless i am dont want him worrying for nothing you know. so do you know of any way i could tell without getting a test or do you think that would be my only way?
thanks again
cindi

Old 08-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User

yeah, you need to test. go to the next town, or get a friend to buy it for you. i know how you feel, i am 24 and have 2 boys, anytime i'm late, i worry and am embarassed to buy a test, i make my husband buy one. hey, now you can even order them over the internet. it is suppose to be discrete. (sp?) maybe you could do that.
but that's the only way you will know for sure.
good luck and keep us posted.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
(female)

aliasgemini HB User

Thank you to those who have responded to my post...i guess you are right and the only way i will know for sure is to take a test...i just wanted to know what the odds were of my being pregnant since i had heard that it is rare for you to become pregnant while breastfeeding, and since i havent had a cycle...not only that my hubby has always pulled out during the instancees that we have had intercourse. Although i still do want more kids and it wouldnt be devastating if i was pregnant i would have liked to had a break and i know i should have been on some kind of birth control but none have worked for me in the past i was on different birth control options with my other kids when i got pregnant with them.
THanks again
cindi

Old 08-11-2006, 05:57 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User

it's possible, i had a friend to get pregnant while breastfeeding. just be careful, it sounds like you are fertile murdle. have you thought about an IUD.
theres one, it starts with an m, maybe mirena. they put it in your cervix and you can leave it there for up to 5 years. about 4 family members have it and they don't even have periods anymore. worth a try if nothing else has worked or making your husband go to the dr.. that is what my husband is planning on doing after we have our next child. good luck, keep us posted.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
(female)

aliasgemini HB User
Re: Please Read! Can I Be Pregnant Again or is it something else

Hi everyone well thank you for your imput and i will make an appointment with the doctor come monday morning...My biggest fear is that if i am not pregnant what is it that is causing the way i am feeling. Like i have said before i have not had a cycle since last may and each time my hubby and i have had intercourse that was unprotected he has pulled out each time and i know it only takes one sprem to do it but what would be the odd of it...My symptoms are very much like those of being pregnant the only one that i am concerned about is that everytime i sit down it feels sore in that area of where my uterus would be almost like it has be pulled or something and it feels like there is something there...could this be a tumor or something like that...that is my biggest worry is that it is...i would much rather be pregnant again than for it to be that, anyone who knows please tell me thanks again
cindi

Closed Thread