It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
(male)

pgs8113 HB User
loose condom and pregnancy question

Hello,

While we(partner and I) were having intercourse my boyfriend realized that the condom was loose at the base of the penis so he pulled out. Is it possible that any ejaculate could have leaked out from the bottom of the condom at the base and enter the vagina (while still having sex)? Also, I am wondering if this could cause pregnancy (I had my period 9 days ago)?

Please give advice?

Old 08-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User
Re: loose condom and pregnancy question

Well, if it was loose, then I suppose there would be a chance. Condoms aren't 100% effective. And yes, if semen leaked out and entered the vagina it could cause pregnancy. I'd say your chances are slim, probably only like a 5-8% chance that you could be pregnant, so I wouldn't really worry. And yes, 9 days after your period, you could become pregnant. Usually it's around 14 days after, but cycles vary and every woman is different.

Here's what I'd do in your situation: First off, not worry about it and assume I'm not pregnant. If my next period is late, then I'd take a test. Secondly, I'd buy a new box of condoms, hopefully some that fit better, so next time the condom stays on just right. Thirdly, I'd make a doctor appointment because every sexually active woman should have yearly exams by a doctor. And when I'm there, I'd talk to him/her about birth control like the pill, patch or shot. Using birth control and a condom makes both even more effective. There really isn't much more you can do except not have sex at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread