It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 10:41 AM   #1
(female)

Burton64 HB User
need help about possible pregnancy

my bf and i have been having sex for over a year, andwe just use the pill. i know it's irresponsible, but we both decided that though we'd prefer not to have a kid right now, if we did, we could afford it and take care of it. anyway, i haven't had any pregnancy scares until now.

what i want to know is how possible it is that i could be pregnant if i haven't missed a period and two at home pregnancy tests were negative? i first thought i was about 3 or 4 months ago. i threw up. i NEVER throw up. the last time i threw up was like 5 years ago when my temp. was 105, and i had the flu. i've thrwon up again since then (about a month ago). also, i am gaining weight. my stomach just keeps getting bigger. it wasn't very noticeable until recently, but last night even my bf admitted my stomach had gotten bigger. i haven't been eating any more than usual, and i haven't been eating worse. i've had stomach issues that have not gone away for months, bloating and gas. recently my breasts seemed to have grown. i'm liking foods i used to not like. i don't know if being paranoid has caused me to imagine this or what, but i think i might be pregnant.

i haven't missed a single period, and they've all been regular. i also took 2 tests last week, and they said negative. i don't mean to rant, i'm just nervous, and i want to know how possible it is for me to be pregnant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User
Re: need help about possible pregnancy

Well, I'd say that you're not pregnant. You've been having regular periods and you're on the pill and you took two pregnancy tests that were negative. I think you're being paranoid. I don't see how you could be pregnant, especially after taking two tests, they are usually accurate. How about talking to your doctor about the weight gain and all that? Sometimes, the pill can cause weight gain. Even if you've been eating the same, if you haven't been as active, that can cause weight gain. The throwing up and bloating is probably some other problem. Ask your doctor about it. There are many ailments that can cause a person to throw up or experience bloating.

The pill should work as long as you're following the directions and taking them at the same time every day, not missing a pill, etc.

And those tests should be accurate as long as you followed the directions.

Plus, it is very rare to have a period while you're pregnant.

You say you could afford to take care of a kid if you were pregnant. Don't be so sure about that. It is way more expensive and life changing than you could imagine. You don't know what its like until you've been in the situation. Hopefully, you won't be there until you're good and ready. Even people with full-time jobs and a house can have financial problems (not to mention emotional and mental) when raising a child.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 11:41 AM   #3
(female)

Burton64 HB User
Re: need help about possible pregnancy

i am on the pill, but i have forgotten it on several occassions. i know it might just be paranoia, but i am still scared.

my friend recently found out she was pregnant (she's 7 months along). she had taken two at home tests and gone to the doctor, both said she wasn't pregnant. it's her third kid, so i know she took the test right. her situation is what increased my fear.

and i know the pill causes weight gain. i've been on it for a while, and i've already gained weight from it.

also i know that raising a kid is more expensive and difficult than i can imagine. i was only pointing out that i am not a very young girl being irresponsible without thoughts of the future. i'm 20 (still young), and we've been living on our own for a while, doing great financially. i know that it wouldn't be a breeze to raise a child, but i'm saying if something happened, we would be ok.

as i said, i might just be paranoid. i think i'll go to the doctor either way. even if it's not likely, i still need to know if i'm pregnant.

Closed Thread