It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
(male)

pgs8113 HB User
Question Could I be pregnant

Hi,

On day 9 into my cycle, my bf and I had sex with a condom (I'm not on BC though). During sex he said the condom felt loose and pulled out, but by that time he had already ejaculated in it, so we are not sure if any leaked out at the base and could have gotten inside me. He did put on a new condom after he removed the first as soon as he discovered is was loose though. Just to be sure, I took the first dose of that Plan B morning after pill about 20 hours afterward and the second dose about 12 hours after that. Now, about 3 days later I still don't have any spotting and I didn't feel nauseous after tkaing the MAP. So my question is actually how likely is it that I could be pregnant? and are you supposed to see spotting or have after taking the MAP? Is it unusual not to have any side effects after taking the MAP?

PLease give me as much advice as possible b/c I'm stressing out and could use an objective opinion.

Last edited by pgs8113; 08-17-2006 at 11:59 AM.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:07 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User
Re: Could I be pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgs8113
So my question is actually how likely is it that I could be pregnant?
Probably not likely since it does sound like you took the MAP in the right amount of time.

Quote:
and are you supposed to see spotting or have after taking the MAP?
No, you're not "supposed" to. It's possible but not a certainty.

Quote:
Is it unusual not to have any side effects after taking the MAP?
No, that isn't unusual at all. Each time I've used the MAP I never had side effects (and was never pregnant either).

It sounds like you'll be OK. Stop stressing yourself out. You should just get your period and if it doesn't come in about three weeks, then you can think about taking a test. But, I would definately not worry until then. The possibility of pregnancy is something that goes along with having sex. Besides abstinence, which of course is 100% effective, the next best thing is to get on some sort of prescription birth control and use condoms. Plus, as a sexually active woman, you probably want to get annual exams anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2006, 08:14 PM   #3
(male)

pgs8113 HB User

Thanks for posting Minnesotagirl...I am still worried though and have a hard time think of anything else..I'm pretty much going crazy . I know this can cause my period to be late too but I cannot help it...any suggestions
If anyone else cares to post based on what I wrote initially please do, the more advice the better

Old 08-23-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
(male)

pgs8113 HB User

Anyone else have any advice? as extra info. I did get some bleeding 6 days after the first dose of the MAP which lasted for about 3 days...and wasn't due for my period for another 2 weeks (was expecting it sept 2)

Closed Thread