It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006, 07:27 AM   #1
(male)

pgs8113 HB User
Exclamation Difference between MAP related bleeding and implatation bleeding?!!??

Hi everyone,

I took the first dose of the MAP on August 14 (9 days into my cycle) and the second dose 12 hours later the next day. Today (august 20th) I saw some light brown spotting and then about 8 hours later some dark red heavier bleeding. Is this spotting/ bleeding simply due to the MAP or is there a possibility that this is implantation bleeding from a fertilized egg? !!

Last edited by pgs8113; 08-20-2006 at 08:21 AM.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:56 AM   #2
(female)

GloryGurl HB User
Re: Difference between MAP related bleeding and implatation bleeding?!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgs8113
Hi everyone,

I took the first dose of the MAP on August 14 (9 days into my cycle) and the second dose 12 hours later the next day. Today (august 20th) I saw some light brown spotting and then about 8 hours later some dark red heavier bleeding. Is this spotting/ bleeding simply due to the MAP or is there a possibility that this is implantation bleeding from a fertilized egg? !!
Hi There, Break through bleeding is a side effect of the MAP. Should it continue or become worse talk to your primary physician about it.

Good luck,
Glory

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
(male)

pgs8113 HB User

Thanks for the reply Glory,

How long should breakthrough bleeding from the MAP pill last? About a day or 2? do you (or anyone else) have any idea how much bleeding the MAP causes?

Old 08-20-2006, 01:23 PM   #4
(female)

GloryGurl HB User

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Glory,

How long should breakthrough bleeding from the MAP pill last? About a day or 2? do you (or anyone else) have any idea how much bleeding the MAP causes?
Hi again, The bleeding shouldnt be any heavier than what a normal period would be for you. Also, if the bleeding should last longer than a normal period then you should really be seen by your doctor. As long as you are having no other side effects from the MAP then you should be fine. Just remember to monitor your blood flow and should there be a drastic change then notify your primary caregiver.

Good luck to you!
Glory

Old 08-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
(male)

pgs8113 HB User

Thanks again glory. It is about the same as a regular period. But in regard to my next period (I just had one 2 weeks ago) and wasn't expecting it again for 2 more weeks so should I still get a period then or will it be delayed by two weeks or a month?

Old 08-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #6
(female)

GloryGurl HB User

Quote:
Thanks again glory. It is about the same as a regular period. But in regard to my next period (I just had one 2 weeks ago) and wasn't expecting it again for 2 more weeks so should I still get a period then or will it be delayed by two weeks or a month?

Hey no problem! You should stay on your regular cycle and get your period in a couple of weeks at your regular time. If you dont and it is a couple of weeks late then dont be alarmed (unless you have unprotected sex of course). Should that happen then just count this bleeding as a period and your cycle should regulate. Honestly though, i dont suspect that the bleeding you are having right now will last very long, probably just but a couple of days.

Some girls can take the MAP and not have any bleeding at all and will just stay on their regular cycle while others body is just a bit more sensitive to the pills and will have the break through bleeding.

By the way, when a woman has implantation bleeding it is usually pretty light and different from what their normal period is. Some may have bright red spotting while others may have just a pink tinge.

I dont mind talking to you at all and answering your questions. I know that it can all be a bit overwhelming and frustrating.....to say the least.

Glory

Old 08-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #7
(male)

pgs8113 HB User

Thanks for the answers Glory, the more I know about it the more I can relax. If the period I was supposed to get doesn't come in two weeks then should I take a pregancy test anyway? It seems kind of wierd that I would have a full on period after two weeks since the lining hasn't had a chance to build up yet (unless I'm wrong and it could be built up enough).

Old 08-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #8
(female)

GloryGurl HB User

Quote:
Thanks for the answers Glory, the more I know about it the more I can relax. If the period I was supposed to get doesn't come in two weeks then should I take a pregancy test anyway? It seems kind of wierd that I would have a full on period after two weeks since the lining hasn't had a chance to build up yet (unless I'm wrong and it could be built up enough).

Yes you can have a full normal period at this time, as there would be enough "lining" in there. I dont think that it would be necessary to do a pregnancy test in two weeks if your period doesnt come. I would wait the 2 extra weeks first and see what happens and if it doesnt come then, i would then take the test. Just try and relax and not be to worried about it as stress can delay a period. I am sure that you will be just fine.

Glory

Old 08-20-2006, 03:23 PM   #9
(male)

pgs8113 HB User

Ok, so does this bleeding that I'm getting now pretty much mean that I'm not pregnant? (the bleeding is a bit darker and thicker than I would normally get with my regular period though is this normal?)

Old 08-21-2006, 04:01 AM   #10
(female)

GloryGurl HB User

Quote:
Ok, so does this bleeding that I'm getting now pretty much mean that I'm not pregnant? (the bleeding is a bit darker and thicker than I would normally get with my regular period though is this normal?)
Hi There, The chances of you being pregnant at this point would be very slim. Reason being is because you took the MAP as well as the amount of blood flow you are currently having.

Try not to stress yourself out about it and just wait and see what happens with your menstrual cycle from here. Like we talked about earlier, wait and see if you have a normal period in two weeks when it would normally be due. Should it not arrive, i would wait an additional two weeks and see if your period arrives and that is your "new" cycle due to the bleeding you are experiencing now.

Should you not get a normal period by the 4th week that is when i would do an hpt. But really, i honestly dont think that you have anything to worry about. You did the right thing by taking the MAP and made sure that all your "bases...per se" were covered.

Chances are that you are going to be just fine. Remember, try not to stress over it to much as stress can cause your period to be delayed. Also, keep track of your bleeding that you are currently having and should it become heavier than a normal period or last longer than your normal cycle then CALL YOUR DOCTOR and make him/her aware of what is going on with you. OK????

Sorry i didnt get back to you sooner! Talk to you soon!
Glory

Old 08-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #11
(male)

pgs8113 HB User

Hey Glory,

So here is the deal... The bleeding I had before has tapered off to a light spotting. So does this sound like a period? Or should I get my regular period within 2-3 weeks as you had mentioned earlier? Also I've been having some back pain (just under the ribs) and sore nipples...could this be tied to the anxiety I've been having about this whole thing?

Closed Thread