It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

icecold HB User
3 neg tests previous pregnancy, i think i'm pregnant but i had a negative again

Hey i'm Carly, 16.
Earlier on this year i found i was pregnant as i was suffering from 2 missed periods and pregnancy symptoms. However, before finding out i was pregnant for sure, i went through 3 negative pregnancy tests before having a hospital do a test to prove i'm pregnant. I ended up having a miscarriage during february. Anyway, I've had my periods since then but recently i've had unprotected sex regularly with my boyfriend and i've missed 2 periods again and got symptoms. I took a test this morning and it was negative. Should i believe it or should i take it as a false negative like the others? Please help

Old 08-20-2006, 01:35 PM   #2
(female)

GloryGurl HB User
Re: 3 neg tests previous pregnancy, i think i'm pregnant but i had a negative again

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold
Hey i'm Carly, 16.
Earlier on this year i found i was pregnant as i was suffering from 2 missed periods and pregnancy symptoms. However, before finding out i was pregnant for sure, i went through 3 negative pregnancy tests before having a hospital do a test to prove i'm pregnant. I ended up having a miscarriage during february. Anyway, I've had my periods since then but recently i've had unprotected sex regularly with my boyfriend and i've missed 2 periods again and got symptoms. I took a test this morning and it was negative. Should i believe it or should i take it as a false negative like the others? Please help
Hi There, Usually after 2 missed periods a hpt would give you an accurate result, however seeing how you have a history of false negatives with a previous pregnancy it would probably be a good idea to schedule an appointment to have a serum hpt drawn. This is the most accurate and at least you would know for sure.

When you took the hpt this morning did you use your first morning urine? Hcg levels are always at there highest in the first morning urine, however seeing how you have missed 2 periods usually by that time in a pregnancy the hcg levels are high enough that a test should detect it regardless what time of day you take the test.

With your previous pregnancy when you had the hospital test you did they test your urine or your blood? Also, what type of symptoms are you having?

Good luck sweetie!
Glory

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 04:50 AM   #3
(female)

icecold HB User
Re: 3 neg tests previous pregnancy, i think i'm pregnant but i had a negative again

Thank you for your reply.
When i tested i did use my early morning urine, however, i also tried that on my last pregnancy and it still resulted negative. When i went to the doctors last time, they used a urine sample and it was labelled positive. I'm a bit confused because i know that i had false negatives before and now i just.. it could be negative.. or could be a fake. I think the best bet is to go to the doctors as you said.
The symptoms i have are... 2 missed periods, nausia, darker nipples, reduced appitite, food cravings, tiredness and just a feeling that i am pregnant.

Last edited by icecold; 08-21-2006 at 04:52 AM.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:28 PM   #4
(female)

GloryGurl HB User

Hi Carly, Your best bet would be to make an appt and have a blood test done. That way you will know for sure!

Good luck,
Glory

Old 08-21-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
(female)

icecold HB User

Thank you very much!

Closed Thread