It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006, 05:11 AM   #1
(female)

doublev HB User
Anxiety/stress? Or possible pregnancy?

This may seem ridiculous, but I need some other opinions.

On 8/6, I was "fingered" by my boyfriend. A lot of rubbing outside of my underwear beforehand. A few times he went in and tried to penetrate (but hardly did). I didn't do anything to him that night so I'm almost positive he didn't ejaculate. Might have been some preejaculate, but I didn't feel it or see it through his pants. I don't even know if he touched himself at all (as his hands were on me most of the time). We both had our clothes on. I don't think wet semen was on his fingers. I would've felt it. Or I'd think it would've been rubbed off on my clothes before touching anywhere near my vagina. I actually don't think there was even semen at all. Still, I kind of freaked a couple days later as I started reading all these things about pregnancy being possible that way. I always thought it was pretty much impossible.

On 8/16, my period started. Right around the time I expected. Red blood, normal duration (5-6 days), but somewhat lighter than usual and very spotty last two days. The days before my period started, I had very bad classic PMS (sore boobs especially), that went away at start of period. I was relieved.

Took HPT test on 8/23 because I was still a little scared at the thought that my somewhat light period may not have been my period at all, but implantation bleeding or a light period during pregnancy. I was constantly checking my breasts and looking for symptoms. HPT was -. I was relieved until I started realizing it might've been wrong or too early and started worrying again. I didn't use my morning urine because I couldn't wait any longer.

This is what worries me the most: 4 days later I am again experiencing swollen, somewhat sore, but not enlarged breasts. Nipples look darker noticeably darker now, crackly and seem much more erect at times, montgomery's tubercles are more prominent, and a small blue vein is visible on one nipple. They just look...very different.

At the risk of sounding naive, is pregnancy possible? I don't see other symptoms (except very slight nausea). I'm not more fatigued, no headaches, no increase of appetite, no frequent urination. My back has been aching on and off for the last couple of weeks, but I think it's stress related. I've had anxiety issues this year, with daily panic attacks for the last month. Major stresses. (BF left for military training the day after this happened.)

Could this be due to hormone changes b/c of stress? What could be causing this? The stress has caused my body to be very achy these last couple of weeks. My stomach, side, back and other areas ache on and off. I have a lot of symptoms that go with stress/anxiety and pregnancy, so I'm confused. I'm an emotional wreck with all these panic attacks I've been experiencing. Just very stressed out. Am I creating these symptoms for myself because I've read so much on them? What else could be causing these changes? I could understand imagining the nausea, but the breast changes?

I know I must sound terribly naive. It seems ridiculous to ask if I'm pregnant when I was only fingered and don't even think there was semen involved, got a period (which I convinced myself was implantation or something), and got a negative HPT. I don't think I'm pregnant as the odds are completely against me, but still, I think I've convinced my body it's pregnant. I'm gonna take another home test on Tuesday to put my mind at ease. I also have to go in for unrelated bloodwork in the next week. I hope my mind's just playing tricks on me. It just freaks me out because I know I can't be imagining these symptoms.

Last edited by doublev; 08-27-2006 at 11:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
(female)

doublev HB User
Re: Anxiety/stress? Or possible pregnancy?

Any thoughts? These changes to my breasts and nipples are really starting to freak me out. They are noticeably darker. They don't look much bigger and don't feel as swollen today. But they're more erect than usual and the Montgomery's Tubercles are really standing out. I've always seen some on my nipples, but they are much much more prominent now. It freaks me out because everything I read says that they come out during pregnancy. What else could be causing this?

Last edited by doublev; 08-27-2006 at 11:33 AM.

Old 08-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User

i really think you are just stressing yourself. pregnancy is a hard think to achieve. maybe if there was for sure semen on his fingers and he inserted them, then there could be a slight possibility, but being that you don't even know if he touched himself and that he then rubbed on you underwear first, then you are NOT pregnant. try to relax. i think you can imagine pregnancy symptoms. i do it all the time, "oh, i'm urinating more, feel sick to my stomach, or see veins in my breasts" but it is actually all in my mind. the veins you are seeing have probably always been there, you just never noticed, because you never really studied your breast this much. just try to relax and forget about it. the more you worry, the more you think you will notice.
you have had a period and you have had a negative test. try to relax.
take care.

Old 08-27-2006, 09:20 PM   #4
(female)

doublev HB User

Thanks for the input. I guess I've just worried so much I've made my body feel these symptoms. My breast still feel sore today. They feel and look a little swollen. My nipples are very sensitive. And the area around them is definitely darker and different-looking. I guess I'm making my hormones act up with all this worrying.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User

Home pregnancy tests are extremely accurate. It seems that you are stressing yourself out. By the way -- you were worried that your period was implantation bleeding. Usually implantation bleeding is spotting with dark brown old-looking blood.

Perhaps a reliable form of birth control is a good idea so you don't get another scare any time soon.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:50 AM   #6
(female)

doublev HB User

I talked to my counselor yesterday who is also a nurse. She said that there's no way I could be pregnant, but she's making sure that I get my hormones checked this week because my anxiety could be cause by an imbalance or vice versa, I guess.

Still, I'm kind of freaked out. My breasts don't hurt as much today, but they're noticeably bigger/swollen. My mom even noticed. The nipples are still dark and bumpy and somewhat sensitive. And I know I'm not imagining the veins. My mom thinks I'm just growing, but I'm still worried. Please tell me this is just an imbalance.

Last edited by doublev; 08-29-2006 at 08:54 AM.

Closed Thread