It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
(female)

ilovemylilman HB User
Ortho-tricyclen ... chances of pregnancy?

I started Ortho-tricyclen (high) on a Sunday start - June 24th (I had started my period June 22nd). My period lasted until June 29/30th. I got my period July 19th & it ended July 26/27th. I got my period this month on August 17th & it ended August 21st. I have not missed any pills until recently. I usually take the pill between 11pm & 1am every night. My problem is - I had sex without a condom on August 24th twice. Both times my boyfriend ejaculated in me. That night (the 24th) & the next night (the 25th) I forgot to take the pill. So on the 26th I took all 3 of them. My question is - what are my chances of getting pregnant? Since my period ended on the 21st & I had the unprotected sex on the 24th, I know I would begin ovulation around the 27th or 28th (according to my cycle) & I also know sperm can live 2-5 days (possibly longer so I've heard) inside. I am a 20 year old white female with a 15-almost-16 month old son. I've read about quite a few women getting pregnant on Ortho & Ortho lo so I was curious about my chances since I missed those two pills on probably the most important days I should have been taking them. Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2006, 06:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GoldenMom HB User
Re: Ortho-tricyclen ... chances of pregnancy?

If you are consistent at taking the pill, you do not ovulate. According to the pill information packet, anytime a woman misses a pill, she should use a back-up method for the next 7 days. I personally think you are fine. The missed pills were a few days before the time that you thought you might ovulate.

Ortho is just as effective as other birth control pills. The incidences of women getting pregnant while taking ortho is from missing pills or being inconsistent -- it is not that they are any less effective.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2006, 07:17 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

lovemybabyboys HB User

one of my best friends got pregnant by only missing 2 pills, so you never know. did you have to try for your last baby, or did you pregnant very easily?
if you are a fertile murdle, then i would wait until next period and even if you are a day late, i would test.
good luck to you and take care

Old 08-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #4
(female)

ilovemylilman HB User

Well I wasn't really TRYING but I wasn't NOT trying either for my son. I wasn't on any birth control, we did not use condoms, & he ejaculated inside me every time. I found out I was pregnant after about 3 months of the unprotected sex.

Closed Thread