It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
(male)

SirKrinkle HB User
Exclamation Please Help! Possible Pregnancy?

My girlfriend and I don't usually have sex that often, but we did a couple of days after her period. Her last period started on July 30th, and since then we've only had sex about three (3) times, 2 with a condom and once without. But we are both sure that when it was unprotected, I didn't "go" either inside or outside of her(basically I didn't go at all).

She's taken some birth control, but it's been on and off, so I know that the chances are increased. It's now September 12th, and she's almost 2 weeks late. But she's been very stressed lately about our relationship and what not, and she hasn't been on to good of terms with her parents for whatever reason. She says that she doesn't feel pregnant, but she's also been sick lately (not morning sickness, just got a virus of some sort in her throat). And I just read that the flu can be a symptom, so that kind-of freaked me out even more, but there is a virus floating around, so that could be it.

So I was just wondering, what are her chances of being pregnant? I'm pretty stressed/scared right now, and any help would be greatly appreciated. She doesn't want to take a test for a few more days, but I'd just like to know what the chances are. She hasn't really had any symptoms for PMS or anything, but she did have a little hot flash today. I know that stress can make a woman totally skip her period, but everything that I've read said that they still had PMS symptoms. Please help, thanks!

Last edited by SirKrinkle; 09-12-2006 at 06:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2006, 05:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User
Re: Please Help! Possible Pregnancy?

the only way to know is for her to take a test.. and if she is already 2 weeks late, she is about 6 weeks pregnant and a test would definitley tell!! the sooner she finds out the better!!!! if ur gonna be on bcp u have to take it every day or u are just messing with ur horomones, which could be the reason she is late.... there is a chance she could be bc u didnt use a condom... but because u didnt "finish" ur chances are less, but still there.. and btw some women have symptoms and some dont have any, some have period like cramps and others dont, so u can NEVER tell just by symptoms.. if u are really concerned, please make her take the test.. they are cheap, u can get some from the pharmacy for under 10 bux or the dollar tree and dollar general sell them.. i hope everything works out

Old 09-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
(male)

SirKrinkle HB User

Thanks for the reply asprousy, and I did make her take a test. It came up negative, which is a relief. But I want her to take one more, this time in the morning. Does it really matter that much if it's at morning or during the afternoon? I know that in the morning the urine has more HCG's or something, the pregnant hormone or whatever, but I still think that if it came up negative, regargless of when, she's not. But I'll still have her take another one. Oh yeah, and she said that she's never had a period without having symptoms first. I don't know, but thanks again!

Old 09-14-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

well if a women takes a test "early" before a missed period chances are she can take one at night and it be negative and in the morning and be positive, but if she is already late than chances are any tiem of day there should be enough to detect it if its there!! im happy she took one, see how relieved u both are now

Old 09-15-2006, 02:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

fallen_angel HB User

hi,
i dont mean to be rude or nosey but ive noticed that you post on here quite a lot worried about the possibilty of your girlfriend being pregnant.
I just wanted to say maybe you guys arent quite ready for the worries that having sex can bring, as you seem to be very anxious about birth control failing and trying to weigh up the pretty unlikely odds of whether or not she could of conceived. Perhaps its not worth putting yourselves through all this anxiety until you're ready for it and can relax a little more about the whole thing

Last edited by fallen_angel; 09-15-2006 at 02:32 PM.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:49 PM   #6
(male)

SirKrinkle HB User

Yeah thanks fallenangel, (I guess), but we aren't even dating now. So she took 2 tests, both came up negative, and her period should be in the next couple of days. So I have to ask, when should her next period come? The last she had it was July 30th or 31st, so should she have it this 30th? Or can it still be a little late? Just wondering. Thanks again!

Old 09-25-2006, 02:46 PM   #7
(female)

hllspawn HB User

Ok, if she had a period on July 30th, then she should have gotten it around late August, at this point, it's late september. At this time, she's over a month late. Have her take another test, if it's still negative, she may want to investigate why her period is this late.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:58 PM   #8
(female)

kendram HB User

Ok, from what I understand, your relationship has been rocky. Not to make you mad or anything, but you guys are young and maybe she is mad and thinks she can scare you into thinking she is pregnant so you don't break up. Maybe she lied and did have a period in late Aug and just didn't tell you about it. Anyway, the previous post is right, if her last period was late July, she should have had one in late Aug, and should now be about to start agian. Like I said, I don't want to make you mad, but, think about it... I just might be right!!

Old 09-28-2006, 06:29 AM   #9
(female)

confusedd1234 HB User

When taking a pregnancy test they say to use the first morning urine because the HCG levels are the highest then.
Not taking birth control at the right time is extremely risky.. it's pretty much useless if you don't take it the right way.
The above poster could be right about her lying.. there has been a few stories on here about guys worrying about their girlfriends or ex girlfriends faking pregnancy or possible pregnancy.
At this point she already missed her period one month.. if she misses september also she should go to a planned parenthood or doctors office and get a blood pregnancy test. Some people never get a positive Home pregnancy test and a blood test is the only way to tell.

Good luck and keep us updated

Old 09-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #10
(male)

SirKrinkle HB User

Thanks for all of the help guys, and kendrum, ha, that doesn't offend me in any way. I was thinking that it could be a possibility that she could just be saying that to scare me, but then again, I always ask her to take it, so I think by now she would just say that its come and she was just joking, but she hasn't.

Today its September 28th, and she still hasn't had it yet. I've heard of women that have missed their period complelty because of major stress, nervousness, etc., and I know that she's been under a lot of stress lately, considering our relationship and all. But she's taken three (3) pregnancy tests now, all in the afternoon (3:00-4:00 PM), and they've all come up negative. I've seen them all too, so I know she's not just saying that.

I know that she's capable of keeping something like that from me (lying about her period) to keep me with her, but can you just put the test under water and the negative result come up? Just curious, but I've seen her latest test (about 3 days ago), and it appeared that she did urinate on it (it was negative), but I was just curious. Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it.

Since she's missed her period (supposedly) already for a month, and it should come this 31st, is it possible that she could still be a day or so late? Like maybe it come on October 1,2, etc., and what are her chances of being pregnant? She's never missed her period for more than 2 weeks or so. I want her to take another in the morning, and for some reason I'm still freaking out, even after the three (3) negative ones. It's very unlikely I suppose, considering the tests are all negative (...right?)

Oh, and I just remembered that we had sex last about 3-6 days MAX after her period ended. So even if some sperm did go in, I suppose that it would still be unlikely because it just ended? Geez I need to stop freaking out. Ha, anyways, thanks again for all the support.

Last edited by SirKrinkle; 09-28-2006 at 04:50 PM.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:12 PM   #11
(female)

angeleyes0906 HB User

the biggest mistake most people make in the rythim method is counting the time of fertility. It isn't from the end of the period, its from the beginning. From the first day of her period the usual most fertile time would be her 12-16 day. The egg stays viable for up to three days and same for sperm, so if within 2 or 3 days of her egg being available you had unprotected sex, she could be pregnant.

Her period can be late for many reasons, anything from stress of thinking about being pregnant, up to and including ovarian cysts, or anything in between. If she still hasn't had a period she needs to have it investigated, also a consideration would be a tubal pregnancy. She needs to see a preganancy clinic or doctor.

good luck

Last edited by angeleyes0906; 09-29-2006 at 08:13 PM.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #12
(male)

SirKrinkle HB User

What's a tubal pregnancy? That would still show up on a test right? Hmm. She's taken four (4) tests now, all negative, and the last one was in the morning, and it was negative. If she was, I think she'd be starting to fill out a little, but she's really not. She did say that she did get sick in the morning (Friday and Saturday) at like 4 a.m., but she's just stressing about our relationshiop so much lately. I just don't know.

She also said that ovarian cancer runs in her family, or really any type of cancer, but she's only 17, so I doubt that could be a reason. I don't know, I just want it to come. Sigh, thanks again

Old 10-03-2006, 06:32 AM   #13
(female)

kendram HB User

A tubal pregnancy is where the egg implants in the fallopian tubes and not inside the uterus. I am not sure about it showing up on a test or not, though. You may have to look that up or someone else might know on here. I have heard that a tubal pregnancy is VERY painful and if she has that, as far along as she would be according to you, she would have already been sitting in an ER or something. Those kind of pregnancies have to be terminated immediatly, or else it could cause the tube to explode and she could possibly die from it. I seriously doubt that she has it or she would be in extreme pain from it and you guys would already know about it. At 17, a girls period can be crazy, they may already "look" all grown up and developed, but she is still growing and changing with puberty. Her periods could just simply be still irregular. I know mine would be regular for like a year then all of a sudden, I would miss one or 2 of them. If she misses the 2nd one, she should really go to the dr. because , I know this may sound gross to you but you have to understand, that "stuff" (lining of uterus that sheads every month) could build up in there and start to deteriorate causing an infection and could lead to her not ever being able to have children when she is ready later on in life, whether it be with you or someone else. That is the whole reason a girl has a period, because it is the body's way of preparing for pregnancy, and if an egg is not concieved, she sheads the lining of the uterus (has her period) and her body builds it back up (makes fresh lining) waiting for the next egg to be concieved, an so on. You get the point.. Anyway, another possibility, does she play a lot of sports? If so, her being so active, could also cause it to miss. If she is really not lieing to you and she is getting worried about it, have her talk to her mom or another trusted adult, or ever take her to your local health dept. they will keep it confidential. All she has to tell her mom, though, is that her period hasn't come in 2 months and she hasn't the slightest idea why. If she just goes and tells her that of course her mom will be wondering why and surely trust her word since she came and told her and she will take her to the dr. She doeasn't even have to mention having sex at all. Trust me, missing periods happens in all teens, even the ones that have never had sex. PLEASE take my advice and somehow find a way to get her to the dr. if she refuses, then she is lieing to you and there is nothing wrong with her and you deserve better than that. It is flat out wrong for a gril to lie about something like this and leave boys feeling trapped. And you are a GREAT guy by being concerned about her, most of them would say "its not mine" and take off. I don't want to boss you around or anything, but trust me, I have seen this happen to my brother in law and it has really messed his head up. A girl did this exact same thing to him when he was in high school, everytime things got rocky with them, she would pop up and say she is pregnant. She went so far as to popping prenatal vitamins in front of him to make him believe it. She made a drs. appt and made him go with her, but when she got called back, she made him sit in the waiting area so he had no idea what the conversation was about!! He is now 23 and he is still messed up and has no trust in anyone. I hate to see this to happen to anyone agian. Please listen to me and keep your guard up, something is just not right about this situation. MAKE her go to the dr. THERE ARE WAYS where parents dont find out. I did it myself when I got pregnant at barely 18 and still in high school. My mom didnt find out until I had to tell her myself, and my dad never got a chance to, he got killed 2 weeks after I found out. I am sorry this is so long, I am just trying to help you. I wish you the best of luck, and remember, you dont deserve this stress and worry on you, get it over with and enjoy being a teen, because you will wake up one day and realize your not getting any younger, and you will wonder how it went by so fast. I am 27 now, and It seems like last year, I was a teen. Good Luck!!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 06:49 PM   #14
(male)

SirKrinkle HB User

Wow kendram, thank you very much. That was very informative and helpful, and I will go and take her to the doctor.

I know that it doesn't mean much now, but I'm sorry about your father. I know how you feel (felt). Anyways, thank you very much for the message. I didn't mind that it was long at all. If fact, I appreciated it greatly. Thanks again

Closed Thread