It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
(female)

angelbaby979 HB User
Exclamation confused and need help!!

Hi, well i'm really confused and need some help. I'm 16 years old and I think that I might be pregnant. BUT i've takin two EPT pregnancy tests and they both came up neg. Well first off.. i've been on the Depo shot for about a year. I decided to switch to the pill about eh.. two months ago.. well my doc agreed and said that i needed to start taking the pill the sunday after i started my normal cycle again. Problem is, due to me being on depo for so long, i still haven't gotten my period.. and from what i hear.. thats normal when you take the shot for a while. Well in about the last week or so (after i had had unprotected sex). i started to get all these weird symptoms. I didn't even think that there was a chance of me being pregnant until i started telling my boss about the symptoms. I started getting really sore nipples, getting really tired alot more often, even if i did get about 8 hrs of sleep the night before, i would occasionally get weird pains in my lower belly and sides, I've been having wild mood swings like crazy, and not to mention i still hadn't gotten my period. Well when all of this started happening i totally thought it was bc i WAS starting to get my period back.. But I've been researching and all that good stuff and i really think i'm pregnant.. What do you guys think??

thankz in advanced for your in put..
Amanda

Last edited by angelbaby979; 10-10-2006 at 05:31 AM.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:25 PM   #2
(female)

DannyLea HB User
Re: confused and need help!!

I really don't think you have much to worry about. I was on the Depo. I did get pregnant on it but miscarried. Well a while after I got all sorts of wierd symptoms. My boyfriend was always thinking I was pregnant. The Depo kind of forces your body to think that you are pregnant so you get all these weird symptoms. It got even worse when I went off the Depo. It took months to have a period. Even longer to have a regular period. So I think that the Depo combined with your new birthcontrol is just messing with your hormones. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
(female)

angelbaby979 HB User

well i haven't been able to start taking my new birthcontrol yet.. My doc told me to wait til i get my period and i still haven't.. its been about two and a half to three months sincei 've been off depo.. I'm going to the docs tom. to see wats up.. I had a miscarriage too.. about a year and a half ago.. and even tho i kno i'm not really ready to have a baby, if i am pregnant, i would prolly be elated.. i guess i never fully got over the miscarriage, so i guess i'm just kinda holding on to the slight chance of me being pregnant... idk.. i guess i'll find out tom.. thanx for the help

Old 10-10-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Unsure_88 HB User

Wow! you were 14 or 15 when you miscarried, thats really soon. I really think even if you aren't on birthcontrol, you needed to use protection. You can't do this to your body and so soon. You are still young and I can't believe you are as young as you are and already had a miscarriage. I'm 18 and may be pregnant and I can't even think about what to do with any of it, when I was 16 I was going to movies with my friends and yeah I had boyfriends but I was just barley experincing a kiss at that time. I was almost 18 (so 17) when I first was intimate with my boyfriend. I have been with him and only him. (I was raped a few months before he and I got together though) But if you are pregnant, be part of them teen mothers who are there for your baby. I know that being sexual is a very common thing among young people. But if you are take good care of your baby and I wish you the best of luck!!! But take another pregnancy test and if it says negative, make sure you use condoms NO MATTER WHAT, It is the smartest thing you can do. I hear people say its a hastle and costs money, A baby is more of a hastle and costs more money. Its not all fun and games when you have a baby...it takes a lot to raise a baby...I have helped raise 9 so I know. Every baby is different, so just keep in mind that a condom is the smart choice. You know what, use a condom from now on anyways just so you know for sure.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
(female)

angelbaby979 HB User

well yes i do agree with you, i was very young, and i regret losing my virginity when i did, and my miscarriage on june 16, 2005. It killed me. The guy that i was with was abusive, not physically but mentally, I went out with that guy for about 9 months. I regret everything that i did while i was with him.. I hurt my family so much and i ruined relationships that i had with my family, if i could go back in time and change everything that i did, believe me i would do it in a heartbeat. But i kno i cant so i've been trying to patch things up with my family, Me and my mom have gotten actually closer than we've ever been since all of that.. I love my mother and my family with all my heart and i hate myself for wat i did to them..

On the other hand, i feel that i've been alot more responsible with my sex life then alot of teenagers have, i lost my virginity about 2 years ago and i've only slept with two people, both of these meen i've felt i love, i do love the guy i am with right now and i know he loves me, i'm sure that alot of you prolly think that its not really love that we're experiencing but think wat you'd like, anyways i went to the dr's today and i have to get blood tests done to see if i'm pregnant or not.. I'm giong to do that tom.. I kno you prolly don't think so but i am alot more mature for my age then some of you may think.. yea i've made my mistakes but everyone does..

Old 10-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

I would say that most likely you are NOT pregnant. You have gotten 2 neg results. Since you were on Depo, who knows when your period will return. Depo really messes up your hormones. Most likely the symptoms you are experiencing are results of your body coming off of the Depo and not pregnancy, especially since you have had 2 tests come up negative.

I will say however that just because you think you are mature, does not mean that you are ready for a baby. You are 16 years old. You may be mature, but if you were as mature and as responsible as you deem yourself, you would show that by using protection and avoiding pregnancy at all costs. In my opinion, no girl or guy for that matter, is ready at 16 to be a parent. You may think you are, but the fact is this: You are still in high school, you haven't even experienced life at this point as far as I'm concerned. Your main focus at this point should be your education, not babies!!!! That would make for a responsible/mature 16 year old!

Old 10-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #7
(female)

angelbaby979 HB User

well yea i do agree with you, and you are right.. i didnt' mean for it to sound the way it did i guess.. i know that i'm not ready to be a parent.. and i never once said i was.. what i ment when i said what i said was that if i came down to it i know i could do it.. i would have a lot of support.. YES!! i kno that it is ALOT of work, believe me i've done my fair share of babysitting ***yes i also know that, that doesn't even come close to real parenting*** but ya kno.. i wouldn't exactly be pulling my hair out if i was pregnant, i would just do the best i could do and try to be the best parent that i could be to my child..

And your right.. if i really was "as responisble as i deem myself to be" i woulda been smarter and avoided pregnancy at all costs, but no ones perfect and everyone makes mistakes....

Old 10-10-2006, 11:28 PM   #8
(female)

Tiea HB User

2 negative tests is usually a good sign of not being pregnant, but if you still don't trust it get your doctor to do a test for you.

If you can't go onto the pill until your period starts coming normally (I too have heard the horrors of Depo) then you should just use condoms from now on.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:49 PM   #9
(female)

angelbaby979 HB User

Yea your right, and we normally do, it was just that one time that we didn't, and it was only like 2 weekends ago, so i think that it is a little to early to test anyways, but i'm going tom. to get blood work done to see if i'm pregnant or not...

Old 10-11-2006, 05:37 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

Angelbaby Tests Can Come Up Positive 8 Dpo, Some May Take A Little Longer And It Depends On The Brand... Bc Ur Hormones Are Messed Up Do To Stopp Taking Depo It Is Hard To Tell When U Ovuilated And When The Test Would Come Back Positive/negative! So I Think U Are Making The Right Decision Going To The Dr. Good Luck!! And Im Sure Uve Learned Ur Lesson

Old 10-11-2006, 05:44 AM   #11
(female)

angelbaby979 HB User

well thank you for not being so critical and judgemental, yes i have and it won't happen again.. at least thats wat im shootin for, lol..

Old 10-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Unsure_88 HB User

We aren't being critical or judgemental, we are just being honest with you...all I'm telling you is that I'm 18 and in no way ready for a baby. And yes people do make mistakes, but you must learn from them mistakes. Take a look at me for instance, I had unprotected sex for 4 and a half months, never got pregnant...but then a month ago I decided that it was irresponsible and I wasn't ready for a baby and all of a sudden I'm a day late and there is a possiblity. Some people make mistakes, but I correct mine and I still may be pregnant while using protection every time.

And honestly I am starting to agree with some people on here the more and more I read these boards. You are 16, you still live under your parents house, maybe you are working, maybe not (now days not to many 16 year olds care to get jobs) But with me I have worked since I was 13 and saved a ton of money and am engaged to the love of my life (THE ONLY MAN I HAVE BEEN WITH) He and I have our own apartment and we both have great jobs, I being a Court Clerk and he bringing home almost 400 dollars a week, not every two weeks but a week, making us have at least 1,600 every two weeks because I just got a raise. No support from the government, no help from family because we believe that isn't the right way to do. And yet even tho we are stable and we have the money, we are in no way ready for a baby.

When you can live on your own, and support yourself then yes it is OK, but at least be smart about it. I'm proud of you for going to the doctors and getting checked with a blood test. But I am really convinced now that some, SOME teenagers do have it easy because they have family members who will do it all for them. Its easy to raise a baby in a household with your family who gives you a break 24/7. Whereas if your on your own, you will be there with your baby day in and day out, sometimes working and trying to support your family. I won't lie, you being with your family it will be alot easier because your not doing it on your own. But when you are on your own, there will be times when you want to pull your hair out because the baby is sick and won't stop crying and all you can do is try and calm the baby down and your Mom or Dad won't be there to help you out. So there is a major difference in life now. But it will make it harder for you in the future to save for a place of your own with a baby, due to the fact that a baby always needs something and you have to supply all of that for your baby.

I'm used to that, and if I could have just babysat then yes I would think it was easy...the thing with this is the fact that you can't give this baby back to its Mom when they are crying, when that baby starts to cry honey, it goes to you. You are reliable and responsible in more ways then one to this baby. But once your on your own it will get harder and harder. Believe me I was 15 trying to do school (I homeschooled too) because my parents took me out of public school to watch after my two nieces (one newborn and another 2 years old) because my sister wasn't a good mom to these girls. For 6 months day in and day out I was with these kids, When my youngest niece was sick, and when she was crying. But the only thing I didn't do was the financial part. Mine was alittle harder being that i had two girls...at times I would have my other brothers children with me too while he worked. But its easy to babysit when you can give them back. I didn't have that chance and I'm telling you from my experience and I'm so sick and tired of everyone saying raising a baby is so easy...its not, you have to potty train, help out with school, feed and bathe them everyday, spend time reading with them and helping them learn new things. You leave your life behing and you devote it to your child...that isn't a lie either.

I do apoligize but please take into consideration that this is reality, you may have a quiet calm baby, you may also have a colic baby (a baby that pretty much has a stomach ache so you can say 90% of the time and has to be held and or bundled up a certain way pretty much all the time) just because one person has the quiet one, don't mean you will if you do end up pregnant. But just please, if you aren't pregnant USE protection, live life to the fullest and if you and your boyfriend are in love, cherish that for a few years...make memories with him, travel and do things. You seem like your not scared about a baby, when you should be. You haven't fully raised a baby, babysitting don't qualify one bit either until you have them every single day. I raised my nieces for 6 months. And yet I still know nothing about fully raising a child...yes I may be pregnant, and I may know how to change a diaper and have enough patience (my youngest niece just so happened to be that colic baby) and can do it financially...but even at my age I know its a HUGE responsibility, but I will do it without the help from my family financially and I will be a Mom who works her booty off to support my child, me and my fiance will have absolutely no help. If someone buys us something then thats fine, but to fully depend on my Mother to raise my child is complete and total nonsense and should never be done. Its my child, my responsibility and only my responsibilty. The grandma should take the kids on weekends, not raise them and live with them until they are 8 or 9, she still has to raise you as it is...and nothing can change the fact that now you do see teenage moms (in some cases not all) or grandmothers of these teenage parents raising the baby while the mom is at school. Honestly thats the time alone for them to do what they want because they already had their kids. Not everyone is as ready as they see. Even on reality TV when teens say they want kids but can't even handle a doll that isn't even real.

Then the teenage boys who get the girl pregnant don't take full responsibilty for their child. While you are at home with your family, he can go with his friends because clearly the girl will have the baby 90% of the time. So he is still free to wonder and rome...which makes him 50% of the time, liable for his actions and leaving the girl for another girl who is child free and don't have a crying baby...seen it to many times.

And no one said you can't love your boyfriend and he can't love you, if you believe that is what it is then go for it. I was with mine a little after I turned 17 and almost 19 now and we are engaged and living together. So its what you feel is love.

I'm not trying to put you down in any way, I'm just trying to help you realize that it will be easy for you because you have your family to support you as well. And your parents to help u out, but YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND need to get a job (if you don't have one already) YOU AND HIM NEED TO LOOK INTO SUPPORTING YOURSELVES...and YOU BOTH NEED TO TAKE FULL and when I say that I mean FULL RESPONSIBILITY for YOUR actions. Don't have your mom do it financially or his Mom, YOU AND HIM NEED to do it, no one else but the TWO OF YOU. Some help is OK, but u gotta do it yourself if you are pregnant, then come on here and tell us later down the road how it goes and how easy or hard it is.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:21 AM   #13
(female)

angelbaby979 HB User

Well thank you for all of that. i mean it, I mnea i kno that it seems like I think that it would be really easy for me but it won't be.. The only one that i really have is my mom and my boyfriend.. Tyler(my bf) is 19 and he has a full time job working for a shipping company.. He gets paid fairly well and he has always said that if I am pregnant, that no matter wat he is going to do his best to support me.. Yes we have some of his family but if you really knew them, even you would agree that they wouldn't really help much.. They've always made him deal with ALL of his responsiblities.. And my mom is the same way with me.. My mom works 6days a week as a night shift nurse at that.. She has already told me that if i am, I'm going to be the one that has to take most of the responsibility.. I know that it'll be really hard but like i've said before, i'm going to do the best i can and be the best parent i can be, i'm not going to try to dump my baby on my mom, it is my responsiblity and i plan to handle it.. lol i kno your probably thinking *yea sure thats wat she thinks now.* but i really am going to try.. i'ma try my damndest.. as soon as i find out if i really am pregnant, i'm going to find a job that actually pays (i'm working as a volunteer at a grooming parlor) and i'm going to try and save as much as i possibly can for this baby.
I am going to put all of my might into my baby. i won't give my baby up no matter how hard it gets.. And i'll post if i am, and wat else i'm going to do to bring this baby into this world..

Old 10-11-2006, 10:25 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Unsure_88 HB User

See now that is what maturity is...and you are there, just remember what you said there...and do whatever you can for this baby if you are pregnant. You seem to be looking in the right direction. And talk with your bf if you are pregnant and do what you can as a couple. He is 19, he knows how it works and thats good that he said he will support you.

I'm glad you understood that what I was saying wasn't coming off cross either, because it wasn't. It is hard, I know how hard it is. But keep your head up and keep us posted.

Closed Thread