It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #1
(male)

Makarov HB User
chances?

My girlfriend and i had sex for the first time a couple nights ago. I wore a condom, and i didnt ejaculate inside her. any chance of pregnancy?

Old 11-11-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User
Re: chances?

if you wore a condom and it did not break, then no there are pretty much no chances of pregnancy.. if she is nervous maybe she can consider the pill and condoms for extra safety!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
(male)

Makarov HB User

yes.. the condom didnt break and i didnt ejactulate.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:38 PM   #4
(male)

Makarov HB User

so chances r slim to none right?

Old 11-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #5
(female)

sparklebleed HB User

Yep most likely you're very safe!

Old 11-15-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
(female)

confusedd1234 HB User

i'd say the chances of her being pregnant are slim to none.

Was this the first time she's ever had sex? if so, then her period CAN be late.
When alot of girls lose their virginity their periods are late.

Good luck

Old 11-15-2006, 07:14 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Unsure_88 HB User

Yeah, I would say your chances are pretty slim, ecspecially since you used a condom
which I will commend you for doing so, now days not to many teens take stuff like that seriously, so keep on using protection and of course you should be fine. And as mentioned maybe she can get on the pill as well just so you have two methods of protection. Its always a smarter decision to use two methods
but no MATTER what ALWAYS use some method of protection.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:47 PM   #8
(male)

Makarov HB User

thanks.. yes, it was the first time for both of us. I never knew having sex the first time could make her period late, how does that work? thanks again.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:29 PM   #9
(male)

Makarov HB User

she had a period the first part of oct, and started taking BC pills. She had side effects, and quit taking them about a week later. and the middle/endish of Oct she had another period. now were waiting for her to have another one, but im telling her i think it will wait till december because 1. shes so stressed 2. having sex for the first time and 3. the pills may have screwed it up for this month some how ?? am i correct ?

Old 11-17-2006, 08:32 PM   #10
(female)

Kikki HB User

First off, she isn't pregnant if you wore a condom that held its integrity. So don't worry about that. As for the BCPs, they may or may not screw up her cycle the way she took them. At that young an age she probably ovulates on a bit of an irregular schedule anyhow, so she may be late on her own, or taking the pills for a week may have postponed her ovulating, which will delay her period. Tell her that it is not at all unusual to have side effects to the pill for 2-3 months while your body adapts to them. So if she does want to be able to take them, she should try them again. Just give 2-3 months before she decides on if she likes them. But, CONTINUE TO WEAR A CONDOM. At her age (and this is no offence at all to her - I had the same issues!) taking the pill exactly as needed (every single day, at the same time) was difficult. They are certainly good protection, but only as good as she is at taking them. So, there is still some risk in 'typical' pill usage that you need to concern yourself with and use a condom to help significantly reduce that risk. Though its a little more expensive, Nuvaring might be an interesting alternative for her - again, 2-3 months before deciding if she likes it. If hormonal methods are just not what she wants, the Today Sponge is great, and used with a condom, very effective.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:23 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikki
First off, she isn't pregnant if you wore a condom that held its integrity.
I have a response to this comment..........you cannot always depend on a condom whether or not it holds its integrity as you mentioned. Reason being.........condoms are not 100% effective!!!!

Now for the original poster.......while the chances of pregnancy occurring when a condom is used correctly are slim to none...........it CAN happen!!! My first pregnancy was the result of condom use (and yes it was used correctly) in conjunction with the pull out method!!! Now, of course this isn't a common occurence, but keep in mind that it can happen. With sex, there can be consequences. If you are going to engage in intercourse, you can never be too careful. Like another poster said.........keep using condoms! I too commend you for that since there are so many people out there who have sex irresponsibly. As long as you use caution at all times, chances are that you'll be fine.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:28 PM   #12
(male)

Makarov HB User
Smile Re: chances?

She just called me, and said she has her period now.

Closed Thread