It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
(female)

christinek77 HB User
how possible does it sound that i'm pregnant?

Hey everyone... okay, here is my situation! For the past month or so, my boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex pretty much everyday. I am not on any type of birth control, but we use the "pull-out" method. anyways, i am 17 and i have had my period since i was 11... and its regular, but it doesn't always show up on the exact same day each month (like the 16th or every month, for example)... it just usually shows up around the same time. i always get it around the 17th, 18th or 19th. anyways, i should be due for my period "any day now", because i don't actually keep track of which day i have it on each month, but i remember last month, it ended on Christmas Eve. I don't know if this is all in my head, but it seems like I am having some symptoms of early pregnancy. First off, my breasts are extremely sore (they usually get sore before my period, but only on the sides slightly, and now my nipples are extremely tender and sore). I also read on the internet about early symptoms, and they said that the veins in your breasts can be way more visable, and sure enough when I looked in the mirror at them, there is a big, huge, VERY blue vein across the top of one of them. Also, I have been having to pee sooooo incredibly much its not even funny, when i feel i have to go, there's no really holding it like i usually can its like "i gotta go NOW". Also, I don't have my usual PMS symptoms (besides kinda sore breasts). I usually get moody, bloated, eat everything in sight and am just a ***** to everyone. I also feel crampy 1-2 days before my period is due and I can just "feel" it coming on. I just don't feel it right now. I kinda want a baby, so maybe this is all just in my head. But, like I said, I have been having unprotected sex pretty much every day using the "pull-out" method. Anyways, I know this is long, but I just want to know how likely it sounds that I could be pregnant... like how high do u think my chances are? if you were me, would you be concerned that you could very possibly be pregnant? thanks so much for reading, i know its long, but i really appriciate any answers! Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2007, 04:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User
Re: how possible does it sound that i'm pregnant?

well the pull out method isnt realy a method at all, its a way to get yourself pregnant! does your bf know you kinda want a baby? are you living on your own, both working, and outta school? if not id suggest using some form of birth control.. you could def. be pregnant, there are women who use the pull out method for a long time and it works, and there are the ones where it may not take to long and your pregnant.. if your bf wanted a baby tho, i dont think he would be pulling out.. guys dont always know when they start to ejaculate, and some sperm could always make it up to where its gotta go to do its job.. going by symptoms alone i wouldnt say you are pregnnat, because every person is different on their period and when pregnant.. so it could be related to either or like you said, you kinda want this to happen, you may jsut be noticing stuff more then before.. (the veins etc) and are you seeing an obgyn, taking prenatals etc? because these are mature and responsiibile things to be doing if you are in fact trying to get pregnant. you said you had your period christmas eve?? so you is you have a 28-30 day cycle you shouldnt be do until january 22-24.. so you still have a few days, and you can still have cramps (period like cramps) before you find out your pregnnat, so the fact that they arent there, doesnt really mean anything... wait until atleast the 24th and if no period take a hpt.. (home pregnancy test)

Old 01-18-2007, 06:14 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ament HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPROUSEY05 View Post
well the pull out method isnt realy a method at all, its a way to get yourself pregnant!
I was going to say the exact same thing!!! Not a reliable method at all.
And by "wanting a baby", I don't think you have any idea what you're getting yourself into.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
(female)

christinek77 HB User

thanks for the responses... ASPROUSEY05, i didn't say that i got my period on the 24th of December (xmas eve), that was the LAST day of it. it usually lasts for 5 days... so i would have got it on the 19th. does that still mean i'm due for it on the 22nd-24th of this month? or am i due earlier than that? thanks again for replying

Old 01-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

sorry for the confusion.. it depends on how long your cycles are and how long your period lasts.. do you have your period for 5 days, 7 days, 3 days??? if its 5 and you started on the 19th and you have a 28 day cycle youd be due jan 17th.. if its a 30 days cycle its be the 19th of jan. etc etc. etc.. i think you know where im going with this.. at this point there is a chance you could already be a day late, or be due today.. some tests can read up to 4 days early, and considering you have been having unprotected sex i would buy a test, then if it is negative and you dont get your period in another few days, do another one! That is the only way to know for sure..

Old 01-18-2007, 12:46 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Unsure_88 HB User

I don't see why you kinda want a baby, if you kinda want something it means that you are unsure about...which for you is a HUGE RED FLAG. meaning you can't kinda take care of the baby, and you can't kinda do what you want.
Its all or nothing and i say that you aren't ready at all. First off you having unprotected sex is very irresponsible. You are too young to even think about a baby, but yes it is common for it to happen the way that it does. Most teens want a baby at your age, the thing with that though is you should avoid that urge and back off...first off tell your boyfriend you kinda want a baby and see how he reacts, if he doesn't react well then smack him over the head and ask him why he had unprotected sex with you in the first place. I hope you aren't pregnant though because it will be hard for you. I know, I am 18 and 8 weeks pregnant. I miscarried in November as well, each time using protection and the only reason i did a pregnancy test was so I could schedule an appointment for birth control this time. And if you want to have unprotected sex the least you can do is get birth control.

Also if you can't even keep track of your cycles how can you keep track of when you feed the baby, or when the baby goes to the bathroom...because if you have a sick baby and you go to the doctor you have to know all of that. Its not easy and i know because I am an aunt of 13 kids...i have helped with babies since i was 7, but don't get me wrong raising my nieces for 6 months and helping out with the rest of the babies isn't anything compared to having one of your own. You can never compare your child to another one because they are all different. Pleasant it is yes, until they scream and you don't know what is wrong, do you know their reactions to a stomach ache, a head ache, when there head itches, when they re hungry, when they just want attention. Do you know that?

Are you still with your parents? if so that is pretty rude of you to want a baby and you still live in your parents house. it just shows that it is irresponsible and it will be obvious who will raise the baby, most likely your parents. Its different and you might just want it for teh free ride, but your parents raised there kids...why have them raise yours.

All of that just because you KINDA, come one KINDA want a baby. Think about that comment and tell me if you don't think it is a little off.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

Do NOT rely on the pull-out method!!! I used this "method" for four years and now I am 14 weeks pregnant. Thankfully I am 25 and have a college degree and loving boyfriend, but girlfriend: live your life!!!

Old 01-25-2007, 07:29 AM   #8
(female)

zusanna HB User

Ok, just a little advice on being a teen mom. It's not all fun and games. I got pregnant at 18 and had my daughter at 19. We used the "pull-out" method also and had the attitude...if it happens, it happens (pregnancy). I was a full-time college student still living at home and he also still lived at home and had a job at a convienence store. We had no clue what we were getting ourselves into, we had no idea how we were going to pay for all the things a baby needs, where we were going to live.....we had no idea. We had our daughter in July 2004. And don't get my wrong, I fell completely in love with her the first time I saw her, but being a first time mom is a very scary thing. You have this tiny little person that depends on you for EVERYTHING. I didn't get a good nights sleep for the first 6 months. My mom had to teach me everything because I knew nothing. Also diapers and formula are NOT cheap! Luckily, my now husband got a better job, but still not enough to live on our own. We had to move in with his dad and lived there for a year until we could get on our feet a little better and now we have our own apartment. Our little girl is 2 1/2 now. I'm 22 and my husband is 24. I had to quit school for awhile but now I'm back in school and have a year left until I graduate from the RN program. We both work also and it's just hard. With a child and trying to get through school, working and just trying to get by....it's VERY hard. My advice to you is if you are not already pregnant...please, please just wait!! To have a baby you need to be emotionally, physically, and financially ready. And at 17 I can guarantee that you're not. Why put yourself through the hardships of teen parenthood? Believe me when I was your age I thought if me and my boyfriend had a baby we would be this perfect happy little family, but it just doesn't happen that way. We're doing ok now...but the first year was by far the hardest. I am also fortunate that my husband stuck with me. He's a good guy, and an excellent father...but many, many young guys are not. And so many teen girls who get pregnant become single moms. So please, just wait. You have plently of time to have babies when you are ready.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:16 PM   #9
(female)

Autumnrain12 HB User

I get so sad when I see young girls think that useing the "pull out method" is a method of birth control. I have told my own daughters that it is nothing but russian roulette, the gun will eventually go off.

I am very sorry to hear that you may have had that happen to you. It is a shame you might want a baby at such a young age. Cause once the baby arrives you can't return it.

I do wish you all the best with what ever way it all goes for you.

Closed Thread