It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2007, 05:06 AM   #1
(male)

ori123123 HB User
pregnant from precum?

hi. i have a new question about sperm in precum.

i read that the vagina is acidic most of the time. and therefore semen is alkaline to neutralize it otherwise the sperm would die. how about precum? is precum alkaline as well? would sperm contained in percum (if there is any at all) even survive in the vagina?

im asking this because my gf and i were fooling around the other day. i touched myself, then fingered her. i cant remember clearly if i had any precum on my hand. well that is, any WET precum. im sure i touched myself and got some precum on the same finger that i fingered with during the night. but i dun remember if 1) i wiped it off 2) if it dried and 3) if my fingeres were wet from sweat or precum if it was wet at all. im sure i did not ejaculate. and our genitals didnt come in contact at all. the only contact was indirectly through my hand.

as i said, im not sure if i had any wet precum on my finger. im sure i had no actual *** (i didnt ejaculate at all). im not sure if any got into her. if its important, i did not previously ejaculated either on that day. i think i urinated at least once. i might have masturbated the day before though, im not sure. i cant remember anymore.

she happened to be smack in the middle of her fertile days. she was 13-15 days since her last period when it happened. earlier this week, 4-6 days after the event, she said that she felt like she was getting her period, but when she checked, she didnt have anything at all. it happened twice in one day. then it went away and she tells me she hasnt had it since. i heard that this is a sign of pregnancy. is that true? should i be worried at all?? btw her period is soon, but it hasnt come yet. she says she doesnt know what her cycle is, only when she started last time.

sorry for the long post. thanks for your help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2007, 06:43 AM   #2
(male)

gooby HB User
Re: pregnant from precum?

first, you need to relax a bit. while just about anything is possible, when you look at probablilies, they would be very low that she is pregnant.

go get a pg test. They have some that are very good and can test for pg very soon after becoming pregnant.

I can't answer much of your technical inqueries without some research, which is available to you as well with a search engine use for an internet search but I can tell you the chances of her becoming pregnant from what you have described would be very low.

Go get a test kit to help ease your mind.

and now that you are sexually active, use the head on your shoulders to help from getting your GF pregnant. She may want to consider a chemical form of birth control in addition to condoms and caution.

btw; the urination and ejaculation the prior day won;t make any difference in the big picture. Don;t count on things like that to save you...they won;t.

Last edited by gooby; 05-13-2007 at 06:43 AM.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

marinewife12 HB User

Sperm cannot live outside the body for that long. So I honestly wouldn't worry about it at all. It sounds like the odds of getting her pregnant are less than 1%.

But I do agree, if you are this freaked out, you should probably just go get a pregnancy test. It will ease your mind...but I can also bet you $5 that it's negative.

I will also tell you that this whole "Thought she started her period and when she checked, nothing" thing is NOT a sign of pregnancy. Early signs of pregnancy include: missed period, nausea, sensitivity to smells, extreme tiredness, and sore breasts.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:50 AM   #4
(male)

ori123123 HB User

okay. i live in asia, where home pregnancy tests aren't so easily accessible.

its been around 30 days since her period. when is the normal timespan in which she should get her period by? 35 days?

Old 05-15-2007, 06:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

28 to 36 days is in the norm but you need to ask her what is normal for her.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 05-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #6
(male)

ori123123 HB User

she says she doesnt count. her last one was in the middle of april. so it should be coming soon. but she says she never keep a specific number of days.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

marinewife12 HB User

Your profile says you're in the USA...I assume that's a mistake then? And anyway, if it's seriously THAT difficult to get pregnancy tests, can you order them online?

Seriously, the situation is really just not quite possible for pregnancy.

I believe that you just need to relax and not worry about it. I really honestly believe she's not pregnant.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:50 AM   #8
(male)

ori123123 HB User

yes thank you. im not freaking out anymore. just waiting for the final confirmation.

and my profile says the usa because im from the usa, but living in asia. so maybe i should change that. thanks for the heads up.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:04 AM   #9
(male)

ori123123 HB User

her last period was like more than 35 days ago. should i be worried?

Old 05-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

marinewife12 HB User

Should you be worried? No, I still don't think so. The possibility of her being pregnant from the scenario you described is very very very slim.

She's a teenager. Her cycles are going to be irregular. It's seriously not unnormal for a teenage girl to have long cycles, or cycles that are very different in length. I used to have cycles that ranged from 32 days to 4 months. It's just the way it works.

If you're REALLY worried, you can try your hardest to get a pregnancy test. But I honestly believe it would be unnecessary money spent.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:34 AM   #11
(male)

ori123123 HB User

ok thank you.

just wondering. for future references. what is the probability of getting pregnant from precum?

how much is needed on average? i know theoretically all you need is one sperm but that's hardly the case in real life.

for example what's the probability of a condom ripping and precum getting a girl pregnant? assuming that she's just ovulated of course. (no ive never had sex just wondering for the future)

does the pull out method not work most of the time because of precum or because the guy cant pull out in time or get far enough sometimes? ive always wondered that

thanks for your help. it will be educational too. haha

Old 05-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

marinewife12 HB User

How much precum is needed on average? Just one drop. That's all. You're right in saying it only takes one sperm. And while that's not the case, one drop of precum can have thousands of sperm. So it only takes one drop.

The chances of precum getting a girl pregnant are just the same as the regular stuff. Precum has sperm as well. If she is ovulating and you have intercourse and precum gets inside of her...it's the same thing basically.

What YOU described was not intercourse. You were talking about having sperm live on the outside of your body after numerous transfers. It's just not really possible.

But if you are having actual intercourse...anything is possible regardless of whether you are using a condom. Of course, using a condom is your best chance against pregnancy (and also if she is on the pill, that's double good for you).

There are numerous reasons the withdrawl method doesn't work. Some guys can't judge how long it takes them, some don't get it out fast enough, they don't feel it coming on, they get it on the outside of the vagina, or they didn't realize there was precum involved. No, you can't really tell about precum. (At least from what I've read) so that's basically a crapshoot as to whether precum is involved or not. ALL of these are reasons the pull out method does not work. There are just too many chances for error.

It sounds like you are extremely against getting pregnant, but you're also thinking about having sex. Please use condoms every time, and if you can get her on the pill, that would be twice as good. And remember, no form of protection (even using two forms) is 100%. So if you are not ready for a child, then this is something to consider. Because no matter what...you could still get a girl pregnant.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #13
(male)

ori123123 HB User

she says she got her period. after 32+ days.

but its a lot less than usual. and "less bloody" she said. said it was less than usual and because of the lack of blood it appeared dark red. brownish than usual.

is that possibly a problem? no right. just making sure. cause she says its rare.

Last edited by ori123123; 05-18-2007 at 09:11 AM.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:14 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

marinewife12 HB User

Sometimes when a girl gets her period, the first day or two start out slow and then it picks up later.

She got her period. End of worry. You're clear. Don't worry about it.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:23 AM   #15
(male)

ori123123 HB User

so i really shouldn't be worrying about those "you can get bleeding indistinguishable from periods even if ur pg" that seems to be all over the net seriously right?

she's had a full period. right color smell everything. still having it. 4th day today.

Closed Thread