It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
(female)

stacey123 HB User
OHMYGOD: almost certain i'm pregnant !! :'(

being pregnant is the last thing anyone would expect from me right now. it would be the hardest thing that i'd have to go through as a teen. i had sex with a guy like a week and a half ago.. and since then, i gained about 8 pounds, i keep getting really sharp pains in my lower stomach, my breasts are very sensitive, my lower back is in pain , and my urine is not clear. i read that these are some early symptomes of pregnancy..
i'm not supposed to get my period for about another week and a half, so i'll just wait to see if it's late. then i'll get a pregnancy test. i'm dreading this, please someone give me advice. i don't know what to do. like, if i threw myself over the stairs would i stop being pregnant if i was? having sex without a condom with this guy was a MISTAKE ! this isnt supposed to happen. we went out for like a day and now i'm best friends with his girlfriend that he broke up with for me, but is back with her. they've been together for like 2 years .. that's why i hate this so much !! i better not be pregnant but i REALLY think i am !! i'd NEVER be able to tell my mom !! i'd have to hide it , or throw myself over the stairs or somethingg !!! OMGG

Old 06-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: OHMYGOD: almost certain i'm pregnant !! :'(

It sound more like you have a kidney or bladder infection. Sperm can stay in your body for up to 5 days though some say more. You are most fertile 7-10 days before your period. SO if you are not suppose to get a period for another week and half I say your odds are better. It's still possible to be pregnant. Though I did not have a clue till I was 4 weeks. I did not have any side effects till 8 weeks.

Throwing yourself over or down the stairs are not going to cause you to have a miscarriage. I lifted weights, cut down trees, moved mud, lived through Hurricane Katrina, tried deep massages, did the herbal thing and nothing causes me to miscarriage. My body was miscarring anyway but I was trying to hurry it up cause the hurriccane was coming. I had bleeding every day high fevers, pains cramps but my body was not releasing it. I had to have a D&C after the hurricane. Your womb is deep in your body and it's there to protect the baby.

Taking things or throwing yourself down the stairs will not do anything but make you sick or injury yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

Actually, you would not gain weight so quickly in early pregnancy and especially not 8 lb! I had no signs and symptoms of being pregnant other than a late period. I did not start to gain weight until I was 8-9 weeks along (4-5 weeks after the missed period), and even then, it was just a little. Now, I'm 14 weeks and my clothes fit differently, but I've still just gained 4 lb. Most women in the whole first trimester (up through 13 weeks) just gain 3-5 lb., if they gain weight at all. Some women have early symptoms, but most women do not. Morning sickness usually comes on at 4-6 weeks (2-4 weeks after the late period), if you get m/s (I did not). Pregnancy breasts are super, super sore. I'm talking a pain beyond any sore breasts you have ever felt before. Most women get this around the time their period is late, but I didn't have the pregnancy sore breasts until I was 9 weeks along (though my breasts did seem to increase in size pretty much right after my period was late). As for the urine...um, I'm pregnant, and my urine is clear (sometimes clear yellowish due to the B vitamins in my prenatal vitamin). It sounds like you could have a kidney or bladder infection (this could cause the sore back too) and should see the doctor and get it checked out.

I would stop panicking. Wait until your period is late and then test and know that stressing out about being pregnant can affect your cycle and delay ovulation which can cause your period to be late so don't go freaking out about a late period because it does not automatically equal pregnancy. I'd actually get to the doctor ASAP because kidney & bladder infections can be quite serious and you don't want that to go untreated. If you are pregnant, worry about it once you know for sure...odds are, your mom will come around and be there to support you in the end. I'm sure she'd be disappointed and angry at first, but I think the majority of moms to teen mothers do come around in the end and are there to offer support.

Last edited by livinTX; 06-12-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I'm going to guess you didn't spring for the morning after pill like we suggested, did you? Well, there's nothing you can do now but wait. If you think you are feeling any symptoms now, you are probably imagining it, so try to calm down and worry when your period is actually late. And trying to hurt yourself to provoke a miscarriage isn't going to work, so get that out of your head.

(And to agree with the others, your symptoms seem to indicate a bladder or kindey infection more than anything.)

Old 06-13-2007, 12:12 AM   #5
(female)

kelky HB User

You wouldn't get pregnancy symptoms that soon. It takes 7-9 days for the blastocsyt to implant, and after that it takes several days for the HCG and progesterone to increase enough to have any noticable symptoms. And usually you don't get symptoms until after a missed period. It sounds like you have a UTI.

Last edited by kelky; 06-13-2007 at 12:12 AM.

Closed Thread