It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
(female)

iloveruben HB User
Can you get pregnant if you have sex the day start your period?

ok so i have a situation. i know you can get pregnant when your on your period but can you when it's your very first day and you just barely started a couple of hours before you even had sex.

situation:
i had sex yesterday and it was also the day i started my period i started about 4 hours before i had sex and didn't use protection..

not more than 20 minutes after i had sex i just soaked in the tub with my legs wide open and then cleaned my downstairs.

is it possible to be pregnant.. he did not ejaculate but i'm worried out the pre.

could i be pregnant or am i just worrying too much.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:46 AM   #2
(male)

james_t HB User
Re: can you get pregnant if you start your period the day after sex

hummm.,... i think no, because me and my gf had several times sex on her first day of period, i usually pull out, but 2 times i ejaculated inside, and after that she cleaned like you did. and she is pretty fine. its around year now. we feel its more enjoyable and comfort.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-15-2007 at 06:06 AM. Reason: TMI.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
(female)

iloveruben HB User
Re: can you get pregnant if you start your period the day after sex

thanks that's really helpful.

i'm more relieved now.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User
Re: Can you get pregnant if you have sex the day start your period?

You're not very likely to get pregnant then.

Of course, you do know cleaning between your legs, douching, etc. after sex does NOTHING to prevent pregnancy. And if he didn't ejaculate, that makes pregnancy less likely--however, the pullout method is NOT a reliable method of birth control. A woman on a pregnancy board I belong to just had a baby in May and freaked out because she found out she was pregnant again after using withdrawal as birth control...so withdrawal has a HIGH failure rate.

Most women tend to ovulate around day 14 of their cycle. You are most fertile around ovulation, but sperm can live up to 5 days if conditions are right, and some women can ovulate sooner. I have ovulated as early as day 11 of my cycle; I have seen some women ovulate on day 8 or 9. But on day 1 of your cycle, ovulation is likely to be a few days away even if you ovulate early, so the odds of pregnancy are very low.

The best way to prevent pregnancy is go to Planned Parenthood and get on the pill or use condoms every time.

Last edited by livinTX; 06-15-2007 at 04:56 PM.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
(female)

iloveruben HB User

yeah i wasn't using the pullout method because i know that it isn't very affective it's just things got heated and i just had to have sex..

also.. that was my first time ever having sex so does that lower the chance.

how reliable is the pill and what are some effects of it.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

You would be surprised at how many young girls got pregnant their very first time who thought they would be safe just because it was their first time. It doesn't matter if it was your first time or your five millionth time, you can still get pregnant if you are ovulating.

But since you were on the first day of your period, the chances of you ovulating are pretty slim.

I agree that you need to get on some kind of birth control. I'm not a supporter of the pill but I think anything is better than nothing at this point for you. I use condoms every time with my boyfriend. I don't believe in using the pull out method because I've seen it not work soooo many times!

Old 06-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #7
(female)

iloveruben HB User

yeah i'm not really sure that i want to even take the pill.. most likely no..

i'm just going to use condoms and not have sex very often..and i'm probably going to start using a calendar to check when i'm ovulating so the chances are slimmer.

is checking when your ovulating and using condoms a safer way to have sex. and is it very effective?
and i wanted to know that if you get pregnant while your on your period do you continue to bleed or does it stop?

Last edited by iloveruben; 06-16-2007 at 03:02 PM. Reason: i had another questions

Old 06-16-2007, 08:38 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I think you need to understand how a woman could get pregnant if she has intercourse while on her period in the first place. Then you would understand that it wouldn't cause her period to stop. The ovulation and resulting pregnancy would be for the next period, it would stop that one.

Getting pregnant while on your period is extremely rare, and even rarer still if intercourse happens on the first day. Unless you have the weirdest, shortest cycles in the world, it is very unlikely that you could have gotten pregnant that way.

btw, not using the pullout method because you know it doesn't works is sillier than soaking in a tub with your legs open to prevent pregnancy....

As for checking your ovulation and using condoms, well, using condoms all the time is a good method, but just for when you think you're ovulating? No, that's called they rhythm method and has a very high failure rate. Bad idea. That's good for couples who wouldn't care too much if they got pregnant (or who are trying to get pregnant).

Old 06-17-2007, 10:07 AM   #9
(female)

iloveruben HB User

i was planning on using condoms all the time and checking the times when i'm not ovulating so the chances of pregnancy are really really low.

i wasn't using the pull-out method as a way of birth control or soaking in the tub for the same reason.

i cleaned up afterwards that's why i was in the tub.

i understand now how this whole thing works.

thank you very much for all of this.. it's been a BIG help.

Closed Thread