HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Pregnancy-Teen (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy-teen/)
-   -   Re: Possible Pregnancy !? Need Serious Advice Please ! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/pregnancy-teen/517885-re-possible-pregnancy-need-serious-advice-please.html)

sierra6029 07-19-2007 07:41 PM

Re: Possible Pregnancy !? Need Serious Advice Please !

Im 1* and i might be preganant how should i tell my mom?

isaiah43 07-20-2007 12:13 AM

I don't know how old you are, but you need to tell your mom. If you need to, go to a pastor or school councilor if you need help in telling her. I was pregnant as a teen. I finally told my mom the night before an appointment with our family dr. it hurt her, my dad was a pastor, he was in the hospital at the time all this came out in the open. I took a pregnancy test at his office, and it came back negitive, because I started what we thought was my period, we didn't think having a pelvic exam was needed. WRONG!!! I was having a tubal pregnancy, that was about to erupt. and once it does, you can bleed to death in a matter of hours. I went to the ER and it took them forever to finally figure it out, and to make matters worse, they had written out my death certificate, they were waiting on the time of death and the doctors signature. No one expected me to live throught it. My parents were more worried about me to be mad, and my dad, although he was hurt, was blaming himself, because he felt he'd failed me somehow. But he didn't. He was a great dad, I chose to do what I did. I am not putting you down. you have a great responsiblity ahead of you. and please, don't let anyone tell you that you are ruining your life. My parents although upset with me, turned out to be the best support system for me. There are a great many resourses out there to help you. And please, don't let any one talk you into an abortion. I've been there too and the doctors don't tell you about how that will screww you up too. If you are pregnant, please go find a crisis pregnancy center near you. they have the resourses to help you with counceling, doctors, free pregnancy tests and the like. you can get clothing for both you and your baby, food and education. they will help YOU decide what is right for you and your baby. by the time you have a pregnancy test, your baby's heart will be beating. and by the time you are 7 weeks, your baby can cry, and wave its little arms. so please if you need help, your mom is your best help. and if for some reason, your relationship with your parents is not healthy or is abusive, there ARE people who can help. I have a friend who is a child advocate, and she can give you sound advice. My heart is with you.
and so are my prayers. YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS SITUATION!!!!!!

athome1 07-20-2007 07:19 AM

Please trust your parents enough to tell them. I'll be 30 next year and have 3 children. I could never have survived the emotional roller coaster of pregnancy without my mom. Before having children my mom and I had a regular mother/daughter relationship. After I got pregnant I was able to better understand what she had been through with my and my siblings. Your mom has been there, trust her to help you through it. You'll need it!!!!

Thisby 07-20-2007 08:11 AM

Right now you say you 'might' be pregnant. Any reason you don't know for sure?

Anyway, you have 2 options then - tell her now that you 'might be pregnant' (which is probably way easier than telling her that you are for sure) or take a test and tell her when you know for sure. But you have to tell her, and [b]as soon as possible[/b]. Get prepared for her being shocked, angry etc etc, but the longer you wait, the more that is going to make her mad too, and you don't want to give her any extra reasons to be mad.

That said, if you are pregnant, she will get over it. She is your mother and after the initial shock, she will revert back to mom mode and be there for you (assuming that's the kind of mother she's always been for you).

Anyway, tell her soon. (And as for how to tell her, you could try: "mom, what would you do if I ever told you I thought I might be pregnant?". And tell her at night, so she can sleep on it.)

Kszan 07-20-2007 12:26 PM

If I were you, I'd take a pregnancy test first to find out for sure. Then at least you'll know how serious of a talk you're about to have with your mom. Even if you're not pregnant, you need to talk to her about getting on some kind of birth control. Otherwise, you are going to keep finding yourself in this position and it's not going to be good for you.

thaliak 07-20-2007 12:36 PM

Hi Sierra,
I agree with all the previous replies. Tell your mum.
You might be scared of her reaction but she will offer the best advice after she simmers down of course. DO not hesitate. You are not alone. If you cannot tell her, tell someone else who can help. A councilor, another friend's mum, a teacher, someone you trust. DO NOT stay silent. You are not ALONE. Millions of girls are going through this right now.
Keep writing. We are here.:) :) :)