It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
(female)

andilu85 HB User
Birth control pill, condom, and now cramping?

My boyfriend and I decided to have sex a week ago. I've been on birth control (Yaz, which I've never missed any pills) for a month now. We used a condom and he double checked that the condom didn't break and nothing spilled out after we had sex. I had my period a few days after (I was supposed to anyway). And then we had sex lastnight too. Same story. Birth control, condom, no spill, no break and yet today, I have some slight cramping. It's really freaking me out. I took a pregnancy test today, even though I know it's probably WAY too early to even detect pregnancy, and it was negative. I'm just really worried because I read that some of the earliest signs of pregnancy are tender breasts, which mine kind of are.... but then again I do strength training exercises, and the cramping. I'd die if I found out I were pregnant. Any thoughts?

Old 07-21-2007, 01:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User
Re: Birth control pill, condom, and now cramping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andilu85 View Post
My boyfriend and I decided to have sex a week ago. I've been on birth control (Yaz, which I've never missed any pills) for a month now. We used a condom and he double checked that the condom didn't break and nothing spilled out after we had sex. I had my period a few days after (I was supposed to anyway). And then we had sex lastnight too. Same story. Birth control, condom, no spill, no break and yet today, I have some slight cramping. It's really freaking me out. I took a pregnancy test today, even though I know it's probably WAY too early to even detect pregnancy, and it was negative. I'm just really worried because I read that some of the earliest signs of pregnancy are tender breasts, which mine kind of are.... but then again I do strength training exercises, and the cramping. I'd die if I found out I were pregnant. Any thoughts?
You guys have taken many precautions with 2 methods of birth control.......I highly doubt a pregnancy will result from this........at least not too easily. Good for you guys though for having sex responsibly!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

Relax, I doubt that you are pregnant especially with using 2 forms of birth control! Some women do sometimes cramp after sex, and you can also cramp with your menstrual cycle. For me, being on the pill never took away the cramping. The pill can also cause you to have tender, swollen breasts. Also, the sore breasts associated with pregnancy are not just normal sore breasts. They are terribly, terribly sore, beyond anything you have felt in your life most likely, so sore that if someone touches them, you throw their hand off. At least, this was my experience with pregnancy sore breasts. Rest assured, if you did end up pregnant (which I highly, HIGHLY doubt), you would not be having symptoms by the next day. Once the egg fertilizes the sperm (and sometimes this can occur as late as 1-5 days after intercourse depending on the woman's ovulation--but generally, the pill works by stopping ovulation, so you wouldn't be ovulating anyway), the earliest possible that a woman can feel symptoms is once implantation occurs. It takes another 7-10 days after fertilization for a fertilized egg to implant in the uterus and that's when the pregnancy hormone begins to be released and symptoms may be felt then (though not usually). For many women, the first and only early pregnancy symptom they have is a late period, and it's after that that they start getting sore breasts, morning sickness, etc.

But I really don't think you are pregnant or have anything to worry about.

Last edited by livinTX; 07-21-2007 at 07:01 AM.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
(female)

andilu85 HB User

Thank you both very much. I feel better having some advice. I'm such a worrywart!

Closed Thread