It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

country_fan HB User
Unhappy Condom Slip-Up...scared!

I'm not a teen, but decided to post in the teen forum because it seems most of the posts in the pregnancy forum are planned- and this is not! I wish I could be posting about a child I planned to have, but it's just not feasable at this point. I'm a 25 yr old college student, I make $7.50 an hr, and even though I work full time that is barley enough money to get me by.

I have been with my boyfriend since I was 19. For the first year of our relationship I was on birth control (first depo shot- but had to stop because I was spotting all the time, then the pill). I had to get off the pill because I have no health insurance & the family planning agencies around here shut down (they ran strictley on donations or would base your income on the cost). Closest one is an hr away now, maybe more.

Me & the bf have been VERY careful. Always, always use condoms for the last 5 years. Never had any problems until yesturday morning. He slipped his grip when he went to pull out, then had to stick his hand in to find the condom. Not to be graphic, but there was a large semen spot on the sheet, and it had also gotten around his privates. Immediately I ran to the bathroom and washed "my area"- but who am I kidding, what good will that do?!

I would haven driven the 1+ or however many hrs to one of the few remaining planned parenthood clinics myself this morning and gotten the plan B pill, but my job doesn't alow it, I would have been fired. So now I'm left stressing at work about this, and I'm scared.

The worst part is, my period ended around July 22nd...so I basically have to stress for a month about this until I can take a pregnancy test & find out if I really do have anything to worry about.

[deleted]

I wish I could know "right now", even if just to prepare myself. But I have no idea, and haveing no control of what is to come scares the crap out of me.

Sorry for the long vent, I just don't know what to do.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-27-2007 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Disallowed topic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User
Re: Condom Slip-Up...scared!

can ANYONE else go get that plan b pill for you? your boyfriend? i really see this as being the only option if you cant get out of work. I had the same thing happen to me my partner pulled out and the condom was no where to be found except inside of me and i literally had to reach so high to get it..and i knew i had to go get a plan b pill. so thats the only one i have took. but enough about me, back to you :-) i mean really think if anyone can get this for you. i know there a little pricey i paid $42.75 for mine i dont know about you the cost for age is different but i think this is your only way. and yes its totally stressful waiting a month or maybe more to find out. but stay strong! I know this sounds weird but i know you can get the plan b pill online too w/ overnight shipping. remember you have up to 72 hours and people still take up to 120 hours later and is still effective.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-27-2007 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Not allowed.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #3
(female)

country_fan HB User

Will they allow my bf to pick it up? I didn't think they would, I figured I would have to go in person for it. It's now 6pm EST and the clinic is closed. Tomm is Saturday and they most surley are closed. But plan B gives u a 72 hr window right? Would it be excessive to go to the ER tomm when I am not working, and will they prescribe me Plan B?

Old 07-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

Doesn't you local pharmacy carry Plan B or another brand? Try calling around to the pharmacy's by you. A script is not needed to buy them.

I don't think ER's will do that for you. You say you can not afford the BCP so I'm going to assume that you will go to a Charity Hospital where they wil not charge you. In my area I sat for over 15hours waiting to be seen in the ER. They take the ones that are sick or hurt first.

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 07-27-2007 at 03:42 PM.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #5
(female)

country_fan HB User

Not sure if any pharmacy's carry Plan B, I never had trouble with a condom before, so I wasn't sure exacley how you get it...just assumed it would have to be a prescription, like most meds.

I ordered it overnight shipping online, thanks so much for mentioning it Longview, cause I didn't know how I could obtain it, without seeing a doc in such little time... 39.95 plus 29.99 overnight shipping. $70 isn't much to pay if it means no stress or "wondering" for a month.

Thanks so much for the help guys, it means alot. I really didn't have anyone to turn to because I don't share such personal info/struggles with my friends (most of them have alot more to deal with on their plate) so it was really nice to get some immediate response & advice. Thanks again

Old 07-28-2007, 12:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Exclamation Re: Condom Slip-Up...scared!

Actually, depending on where you live, you may have to get a prescription which means you have to see a doc (or nurse practitioner). Also, not all pharmacies carry ECP so phone and ask, or you're just wasting a trip (don't forget to ask if you need a scrip while you're at it).

If you can't find a pharmacy that sells ECP (no, they don't all sell them), get some regular birth control pills (even if you have to get them from a friend), go the the Planned Parenthood web site and very carefully read the instructions on how to use regular BCP as ECP. It can be done, but you have to follow the the amounts exactly (not following the chart may make it not work).

Old 07-28-2007, 07:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by country_fan View Post
Not sure if any pharmacy's carry Plan B, I never had trouble with a condom before, so I wasn't sure exacley how you get it...just assumed it would have to be a prescription, like most meds.

I ordered it overnight shipping online, thanks so much for mentioning it Longview, cause I didn't know how I could obtain it, without seeing a doc in such little time... 39.95 plus 29.99 overnight shipping. $70 isn't much to pay if it means no stress or "wondering" for a month.

Thanks so much for the help guys, it means alot. I really didn't have anyone to turn to because I don't share such personal info/struggles with my friends (most of them have alot more to deal with on their plate) so it was really nice to get some immediate response & advice. Thanks again
your very welcome im glad you found it...ive seen some sites with alot better shipping prices though but if you are satisfied thats what counts! Yes you have a 72 hour window..i think you will be fine. good luck!

Old 07-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

What day did your last period start? How many days after your period started did this happen?

Old 07-29-2007, 08:17 AM   #9
(female)

FirstTymeMomma HB User

as far as I know, hospitals DO NOT carry those.- if u don't get to get one, my advice is to NOT stress, cuz even if u aren't pregnant it will keep ur period away!!- best wishes.

(THis story is alot like mine(cept i'm 22, and jussssst got done with school)... my boyfriend and I had been dating for 5 months prior to being sexual.. we got pregnant our FIRST time. NUTS-- and I was on the pill!!!-- once again, GOOD LUCK

Old 07-30-2007, 10:49 AM   #10
(female)

carla32 HB User

Plan B is only 85% effective I read somewhere. Still much better than the odds of nothing at all. I think every single girl should have it tucked away jsut in case. Also before it expires, jsut order a new box.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:36 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

Country_fan im curious to know if you got your pills alright and if you took them and everything?

Closed Thread