It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
(male)

Slash Jr HB User
Period, but still pregnant?

My girlfriend and I had sex 2 days before her period, and the condom broke with precum in it. I pulled out. I did not ejaculate inside of her. Her period came 2 days ago and she said that it was heavy like normal. But today, the 2nd day of it, she says its getting less heavy, to the extent of almost not needing a tampon. This worries me since her periods are normally very long (8 days or so). Although she said that she knows that it's her period, that she's been cramping very badly, and that she's filled up 8-10 tampons with blood... What is the chance of her being pregnant, even thought she got her period for however short a time? Should I worry?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
(male)

Slash Jr HB User
Re: Period, but still pregnant?

By the way, on a side note, this was the first time we had sex in over two months...Could this have screwed her period up a little bit? Cause I've heard that having sex for the first time in a long time can mess up the hormones...

Thank you guys so much for the help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

I wouldn't worry. It doesn't sound like she's pregnant. She got her period. When the incident occured, she was well out of her fertile phase this cycle, since she got her period 2 days later.

Filling 8-10 tampons with blood, there's almost no way she'd be pregnant. It's not normal to bleed so heavily during pregnancy. At most, spotting pink/brown is common in early pregnancy (but this is something where it's very little, usually just when you wipe, maybe a couple drops on a pantyliner--this was my experience in early pregnancy at least). I don't think she has anything to worry about.

As for changes in her period flow, she's still young, so that can just happen as her body matures. Stress, diet, exercise, any illness (even a minor cold) can all affect hormone levels.

Last edited by livinTX; 08-09-2007 at 07:25 AM.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I don't think you should worry. Between all the things you described, I would say it would be pretty near impossible for her to be pregnant.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:03 PM   #5
(male)

Slash Jr HB User

Thanks to all of you for the responses!
It makes me feel a lot better about it all

I don't think she's pregnant...
I mean she can't be
I didn't ejaculate in her, she got her period 2 days after sex (meaning she probably wasn't fertile), she's had her period for 4 days now and each of the day's have consisted of heavy bleeding for the majority of the time, and she's cramping very heavily.

Do all of you agree that she probably isn't pregnant?

Old 08-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
(male)

Slash Jr HB User

One more quick question!

I've looked at some other boards, and it seems like nobody can make up their minds...
So to put things to rest, my question is if a girl can indeed have her period when she's pregnant?

A lot of the people on other boards think it's completely possible, but is it in reality?

Old 08-11-2007, 12:03 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Yes, it is completely possible to have a period when you are pregnant. It is usually not a 'normal' period though. It's usually lighter.

But that shouldn't concern you. The fact is, you said you had intercourse 2 DAYS before her period. Women ovulate 2 WEEKS before their period. So how do you figure she could have gotten pregnant 2 weeks ago?

So unless her period was 12 days early, and she was in fact ovulating when you had intercourse, AND you are one of those who do have semen in his pre-ejaculatory fluid, you still have nothing to worry about.

If you are so worried, maybe it's time to see if she will go on birth control along with the condoms, so you can double up with your protection.

Closed Thread