It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
(male)

BigL HB User
Pregnancy scare (Please help)

Hi, I've been very scared and stressed out over this and I could use a little feedback. I also apologize in advance if this is not the proper forum to post this. I am not a teenager, but it appears all the pregnancy questions are here. I am sorry if this is gross to some but I need to get the details out.

First off, im a male and last week me and a friend of mine were fooling around with eachother. She gave me oral sex and I ejaculated. I wiped the ejaculate off my penis (i didnt not ejaculate " a lot" and it didnt leave a "mess" but it wasnt pre-***) and then afterwards me and my friend proceeded to fool around more, we were mostly dry humping completely naked. We did not have intercourse and there was NO PENETRATION whatsoever and I never felt my penis touch her vagina and at times if I thought it was getting close I would put my hand over my penis to cover it so there would be no contact. After we were done I noticed that there was a little amount of sperm on my stomach (due to the position of my penis when she was laying on top of me ) so i started freaking out that some of the sperm may have gotten near or onto my friend's vagina and possibly impregnated her although I never felt my penis make contact or graze her gentials... but you never know. If any sperm did get on or near my friends vagina it most likely would have been just a little bit, but I know it only takes one sperm to fertilize....

I told my friend about this and she got a little worried and went to the doctor about 5 days later. The doctor gave my friend both a urine and blood pregnancy test and both came back negative. The doctor told her there is nothing to worry about and every thing is fine.

The thing that still makes me worried is that as I did some reasearch online regarding pregnancy tests i read you should wait about 10-14 days after your "encounter" to get tested because sperm can live up to 5 days in a females vagina before fertilizing an egg? So now im worried about whether or not a pregnancy test after 5 days is too soon and there is a chance that she can still become impregnated?

Then again, the doctor knows a heck of a lot more than me and wouldnt have given my friend the tests and told her she is fine if he felt it was too early to test correct? Do doctors give different kind of tests????

Im just so worried and thinking of every little thing that can go wrong. I just really want to put this all behind me.

So what are the chances that me and my friend are in the clear and she will not become impregnated?

Also, I know, what we did was stupid and careless. Believe me I learned my lesson

Thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

athome1 HB User
Re: Pregnancy scare (Please help)

Sounds like there is a VERY VERY small chance if any at all. You also should find out what time of the month it was for your friend. If she was ovulating and came in contact with your sperm( although it really sounds as if she didn't) her risk is much higher. If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much. It really doesn't sound very likely. I have 3 children and I am very fertile. My husband and I had to actually try to conceive them. I wish I could have been lucky enough to get pregnant that easily! lol

Old 09-20-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
(male)

BigL HB User

Thanks, do you think the negative test results after 5 days is too soon? Not sure why the doctor would have told her she is fine then...

Old 09-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #4
(female)

s3xb0mb HB User

Five days after is a very short time for a pregnancy test - this isn't even enough time for the zygote (if fertiliation did happen) to implant itself. It is only after implantation that a woman's body produces the pregnancy hormone. This hormone is best detected upon her missed period via a home pregnancy test (urine). Blood tests will also show the pregnancy hormone, but then again, only after implantation occurs. Blood tests are used to provide an "absolute postivie" and to also quantify the pregnancy - such as how many weeks she is.

I agrere with the previoud poster - where was your friend in her cycle? Is she using any form of birth control - the pill, the patch, etc? Basically her cycle begins on the first day of her period, then from these the average cycle lasts about 28 days - with day 14 being the "average" day of ovulation. It takes just about the same amount of time for the egg to travel down the fallopian tube as it would for the sperm to swim up - resulting in fertiliation, if they meet around the same point - this can take between 2-5 days. On average, by the 7th day, implantation to the uterine wall will occur - this is what triggers the production of the pregnancy hormone.

You may have to wait until her next expected period to test again. Good luck.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #5
(male)

BigL HB User

Then I dont know why the heck the doctor would give her the test if its too soon and tell her she is fine and shouldnt worry. Maybe because we didnt actually have intercourse and our risk wasnt as big?

Can a negative after 5 days be considered at least a "good sign?"

Last edited by BigL; 09-20-2007 at 08:27 PM.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Actually, I find it hard to believe she was given a urine and blood test after only five days. I'd think the results would be pretty much useless.

That said, I also think there was no risk in the first place. If you are sure no semen got into her vagina, pregnancy is impossible.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:11 AM   #7
(male)

BigL HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby View Post

That said, I also think there was no risk in the first place. If you are sure no semen got into her vagina, pregnancy is impossible.
We did not have intercourse, and i didnt feel my penis touch her vagina but im not 100% sure. I've read that all sperm needs to do is get on or near the vagina and it can swim up. How likely is this?

Old 09-21-2007, 05:41 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

athome1 HB User

Put it this way, sperm don't have legs. They can walk to her vagina and take a swim on up. If you didn't ejaculate or get your semen in or possibly "around' the opening of her vagina, then no, she is not going to get pregnant. 5 days is really too early to test. I had miscarriages at 2 weeks along and it was hard forthe doctor to tell if I was ever pregnant in the first place b/c your hormone levels are still very low at that point in the pregnancy.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:53 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL View Post
I've read that all sperm needs to do is get on or near the vagina and it can swim up.
Only if it's special magic sperm, lol. Some people give sperm too much credit.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:06 AM   #10
(male)

BigL HB User

Quote:
Only if it's special magic sperm, lol. Some people give sperm too much credit.
So I take it that you dont think there is a real risk?

Old 09-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

If it happened the way you described then I really don't think there is a risk. Have you talked to her about it? Is she worried? Do you know where she is in her cycle?

Old 09-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #12
(male)

BigL HB User

Quote:
If it happened the way you described then I really don't think there is a risk. Have you talked to her about it? Is she worried? Do you know where she is in her cycle?
We spoke about it once and I guess she was concerned enough to go to the doctor. Didnt ask her about her cycle.

Still wondering why the doctor would give her a test when it was too soon. Im thinking she either didnt go or she did go and the doctor didnt consider what we did a real risk and gave her a test just to show her a negative to ease her mind.

Last edited by BigL; 09-21-2007 at 12:53 PM.

Closed Thread