It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2007, 01:39 AM   #1
(female)

stre5844 HB User
Question Need Your Input.. A little worried about these signs

Hi,
My name is Jenifer. I ran across this website, in search of some answers to my questions on the internet. So I signed up, and here i am.
I'm going to start off by saying that my period isn't due for another 5 or 6 days. I was on the BCP for about 3 months, and due to insurance reasons, i couldn't get it refilled, and didn't have time to go to any health clinic, to get some more. For the last month on the BCP, i wasn't really regular with it. I'd always forget to take them on time.so i missed a day here, or maybe two days there. The last day I took my BCP was on September 4th. And as expected I had a period on the 6th. My periods are always very short and somewhat light, so nothing new there.
However, My b/f and I do not practice safe sex. He firmly believes in the "pull out" method, and is in denial that i can get pregnant off of pre-ejaculate. So since coming off the pill, I know that we have had sex at least 2 if not 3 times every week.
I'm concerned now, because about 4 or 5 days ago, i woke up and felt "different" not sick, nothing big at all. I just felt like that day and the following day were kind of like an "out of body" experience, and i seemed a little more tired than usual.
Since then, things are changing. Not dramatically by any means. But i still feel "different". 3 days ago, my breasts started getting sore. not too bad at first, but as each day goes by, they seem to get more and more sensitive. my nipples seem weird now. They look slightly bigger, and there is a dark ring on both the very inner and very outer part of my areola. The actual tip of the nipple is sensitive to the touch. usually they're all a pink/brown color. Now the tips look kind of split and cracky, and they have a whiteish color in the middle? my actual breasts, feel very "achy" and "heavy" The best way to describe it, is that they feel bruised.
Now for my abdomen, which is one of the most confusing parts for me. If you go from my belly button and draw a line straight down. and a line straight left of my belly button, this is where it's "achy". It feels like there is a constant slightly pulled muscle/menstral cramp (just not as severe) there. It's not there all of the time. But mostly. there is a pulling feeling as well as starting today, i've felt bloated, gassy, and fat.
I dont' think what i'm feeling is morning sickness. Cuz i'm not throwing up. But i sometimes throughout the past few days, my mouth gets this salty, watery feeling in it. (like biting down on metal, or when you anticipate putting a sweet-tart in your mouth) Another way to describe it, is that taste in your mouth right before you throw up.
I have only had heartburn once in my life, and that was when i was 13 years old. The other day, i was eating some popcorn, and I got heartburn. <could be a coincidence. IDK.
Thats what's been going on.. now for my questions...
My period isn't for another week, is it too soon to be feeling like this? I know that coming off the pill can throw your hormones off, are these symptoms normal for that? He never ejaculated inside of me, but without protection or BCP and not really paying any attention to ovulation, could my chances be likely? When is the soonest i can test? and on average, how long after conception do symptoms appear. I haven't even missed my period yet, and i just feel pregnant. I know that mind over matter is a powerful thing, especially with these symptoms, but I just feel like something isn't the same. Could it be in my head?
Advice, similar stories, and support is needed here.
If i am pregnant, I'm not too worried. I have a very good support group here at home. And my boyfriend is very supportive with anything i choose to do. Financially and emotionally him and I can handle this. I just need to know!
Help me please!
Thank you
Jenifer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2007, 02:54 AM   #2
(female)

stre5844 HB User
Re: Need Your Input.. A little worried about these signs

One more thing i forgot to mention in my thread, is that I'm experiencing an increase in vaginal discharge. It's just water. I constantly have to go to the bathroom to "wipe" to clear it up. It's almost annoying.
Another thing, I had my mom look at my breasts earlier, and she pointed out that the veins in my chest are more visible. they lead straight down through both nipples.
<sigh> I know these are all symptoms. But "if" i'm pregnant, then i'm only what.. about 3 weeks, going in my 4th. idk, too soon to be seeing this much change?? LET ME KNOW!!

Old 09-29-2007, 03:43 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Xant HB User

I know the majority of people don't really notice much until they are a lot further along, but with my two I noticed about 4 days after conception. My beasts were so tender I couldn't bear to touch them, they were also swollen. With the first, I didn't know that it was a sign I was pregnant, with the second I knew straight away that's what it was.

You may be pregnant, the breast thing could be pregnancy or it could be your hormones are messed up a bit, it's hard to tell. Same with the discharge and cramping, it could be either. You can take a test on the day your period is due to start.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

Yes, I agree with the previous poster. You may be pregnant or it may be your body just getting used to being off hormones. Realize too, that your period can be late just from stopping the pill. My first cycle post-pill, my period came at around 35 days instead of 28 days like subsequent cycles, and some women go longer.

It's very difficult to go by symptoms because early pregnancy symptoms and PMS symptoms and symptoms caused by quitting the pill can all be the same. The metal taste you mention is interesting. I didn't have that, exactly, before finding out I was pregnant, but the inside of my mouth felt very raw, the way your mouth feels after eating too much sour or tart candy, like sweettarts. I also started having a lot of very vivid dreams, especially involving sex (would often wake up orgasming from the dreams), and some of them were quite kinky dreams, stuff I'd never do in real life and not always with my husband either (whom I love dearly and would never cheat on). Supposedly, these dreams are common in early pregnancy too.

I did not get sore breasts until I was 9 weeks along and then it lasted about a week and I never had nausea or morning sickness. I did have much more visible veins in my breasts, chests, and arms, but I was tracking my ovulation and noticed the veins each cycle once I ovulated, it was no different from previous cycles where I had not gotten pregnant. (The progesterone released by ovulation can cause the darker veins.)

For me, my only obvious early symptom was a late period, but I was at a point where my cycles had regulated off the pill and were like clockwork. I also did have period-like cramping early on in the first trimester.

Wait until the day you expect your period (or the day after) and take a test. If that test is negative and your period still doesn't come, test again in another week. If you still have a negative test and no period, see the doc and get a blood test done; this is really the most accurate way to tell if you are pregnant.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
(female)

stre5844 HB User
Smile Re: Need Your Input.. A little worried about these signs

Thank you both for your input. I really appreciate it. I took an HPT this morning, and it came up positive. I am setting an appointment with my doctor this week. It's kind of funny how much each pregnancy is different. The few people i've told are very anxious to find out for sure. My mother is already talking about going shopping for maternity clothes, and spoiling a baby. I'll find out for sure with the doctor. But if it makes any sense at all, I already knew. I felt different from the start. My mom told me that she knew she was pregnant with my older sister at 3 weeks. It just happens to some people like that.. and I'm one. And although there still may be some doubt... Not one person will be disappointed if i am. We are excited and anxious. I'm really starting to get happy about this.
Thank you so much!

Old 09-30-2007, 06:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

I'm glad you have some answers and a good support system in place. It's difficult to be a teen mom, I think, but it can be done. My mom had me when she was 18 and did an excellent job as a mother; I'm 29 now and pregnant with my first and hoping I can be half as good a mom as she was to me! How old are you?

Good luck with your doctor's appointment. Usually, though, the home pregnancy tests are quite accurate, so if you saw 2 lines within the time limit, you are pregnant.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
(female)

stre5844 HB User
Smile Re: Need Your Input.. A little worried about these signs

I agree. It's not going to be easy. My mom has 6 kids. She had my older sister when she was 18. And had me and my twin sister when she was 20. and had the other 3 in 2 or 3 year intervals after that. Me and my mom have had our problems, but after living on my own for almost 2 years, and realizing that everything she did was to help me, I love her for every punishment i got. And she is my best friend. I could never ask for a better mother.
I am only 19 years old. But I have a healthy life-style, and good morals. I had to grow up faster than most. But i still had my fun. And I can honestly say that I've realized, and am ok with the fact that my childhood is over. I'm happy that I'm going to be bringing something beautiful into this world, and that the rest of my life is going to be dedicated to this child.
Although I have no clue what any of this is going to be like, i have my mom to look to for advice. She's really excited. Way more so than I am at this point. My twin sister is married, and wants a baby. And my mom has been saying that she wants a little grandbaby to give attention to. And although I'm young. I'm glad that i get to be the one out of all of us to be the first to give that to her!
I'm going to be a mommy! And I only pray that I can be as good of one as my mom is! Keep in touch, It's nice to have somebody to talk to who's going through the same thing.
~*~Jenifer~*~

Closed Thread