It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
(male)

dking07 HB User
Question please help my girlfriend

Hi, My girlfriend went to the gynocologist for the 1st time 2 and a half weeks ago. She went about 3 days before she needed to start her period. The gyno. performed a "pap smear" and a regular examination. Ok, so heres the problem, she never started. So after she was a week late she took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Now she is 2 weeks late and since her gyno visit she has experianced no cramps or "spotting" at all she does not even feel like she is close to starting her period. I know she is worried about this because she talked to me about it (she is very quiet about personal issues) I want to know what she should do and if this is regular or should she be worried. She is 17 and she is just really worried that something might be wrong with her and her mom doesnt believe that she isn't pregnant because she says its impossible to miss a period by this much and not be. So if anyone responds to this please give me a good reason that this has occured so that she can explain this to her mother.
Thank you so much!!,
Dustin

Old 10-13-2007, 02:33 AM   #2
(female)

tengalla HB User
Re: please help my girlfriend

Many, many things can cause a period to be late. Stress is the number one. Your period is late, and then the stress of it being late makes it later, and it never comes. I am a virgin but I have missed months at a time because of stress. After a close friend died, my sister did not get her period for almost a year - but obviously wasn't pregnant (though she worried about it for the first few months). Medications can also do that, as well as weight loss or fat loss (too much muscle). Quite honestly, some sexually transmitted diseases can cause it as well. There are ANY number of reasons, so don't freak out until you see a + sign on the pregnancy test. But she still MAY be pregnant - tests aren't always right, or it might not be far enough along to tell.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
(female)

sweetsurrender7 HB User

hi dking-

hmm... has she taken a second pregnancy test? if not, she should. if that comes out negative i would suggest going back to the gyno or at least calling there and speaking to a doctor about what is going on. tengalla is right, lots of things can cause a period to be late or missed completely. let us know how it goes. take care.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

It's not all that uncommon for younger women to have a delayed or completely missed period. It just happens sometimes. It doesn't necessarily indicate a problem. Sure it does sometimes, but not always. If she skips her period this month, it may not be anything. I don't think she should worry unless it happens again next month.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
(male)

dking07 HB User

Thanks for the help! She took the other test today and it was negative so we do not know what is going on. She is around 3 weeks late now so we just hope that she starts this coming month. Her mom is really worried that she is still pregnant but I highly doubt she is because of the results of this last test.

Closed Thread