It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
(female)

samski HB User
Smile Just a quick question about the pill and a condom...

I've been on the pill for 5 years now and every time my boyfriend and I have sex we put a condom on before he ejaculates. Though when we start we don't have a condom and I was just curious as to how I can put myself at ease before my period comes when I get a little paranoid. I know the chances of being pregnant are so slim being on the pill (almost always taking it when I should) and using a condom before he actually gets off, but there is still a little bit of doubt in the back of my mind every now and then. Sometimes I will feel a few symptoms of pregnancy, but I ALWAYS get my period when I should. Does anyone know of how to put myself at ease during those times I get paranoid?? Any sort of info. you could give me? Minus the reply of just not having sex and stocking up on pregnancy tests, please.

I really, really appreciate it.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
(female)

n*l HB User
Re: Just a quick question about the pill and a condom...

If you're on the pill and taking it correctly, it means that your body does not ovulate at all. The pill tricks your body into thinking you're already pregnant, and therefore doesn't release any eggs to be fertilized. Your period always comes when it should because it is a withdrawl bleed when your body isn't receiving the strongest hormones.

The chances of pregnancy are very low if you take the pill correctly and if a condom is used. There can be sperm in pre-ejaculate, but you should be protected with the pill. The 'pregnancy' symptoms you feel are most likely period symptoms, and your mind may be playing a tricks on you if you're really paranoid. I know what it's like to be paranoid...it's stressful and stress could possibly mess your cycle up, so try to relax and not worry so much. You're taking a lot of precautions and should be proud of yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
(female)

samski HB User
Re: Just a quick question about the pill and a condom...

Oh my goshhhhh thank you so much! I have been taking the pill regularly, but I didn't know that caused the body to stop ovulating and that it forced periods. Or, well, I get the point. Thank you so much. :]

Closed Thread