It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

heymamawolf HB User
Unprotected sex

My significant other and I had unprotected sex. After he came the first time, he wiped himself off with clothing, but didn't urinate and wash. If we continued having sex afterward, should I be expecting a pregnancy?

Thank you!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-29-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: The Pregnancy board may only be used once pregnancy is confirmed. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2008, 01:12 AM   #2
(female)

Sherbear38 HB User
Re: Unprotected sex

Hi Heymamawolf - A lot more information is needed here! Did he ejaculate inside you the first time? Even if he didn't there could be sperm in pre-ejaculation liquid.... most unprotected sex gives you a chance of pregnancy.

Perhaps if you provide more details.... it would help those reading your question to get a better understanding of your situation..... Sherbear38

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
(female)

heymamawolf HB User

Sure; thanks so much for your help, Sherbear!

To answer your question, we used the withdrawal method, so while he never ejaculated inside of me, and even while he wiped himself off thoroughly, isn't there the idea that he has to urinate and rinse off before continuing to have sex?

Is it a high risk?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

What you describe is very risky. Not as risky of course, as if he hadn't withdrawn at all, but resuming intercourse after an ejaculation is pretty much one of the two main reasons the withdrawal doesn't work. I guess it depends on if it happened at a risky time for you. Did it?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

By "risky time" she means around the middle of your cycle, 2 weeks before your period is due. Having sex without any contraception even once during your most fertile couple of days gives you a 20% chance of pregnancy. If it's far away from your fertile time, the odds are lower, not sure of the exact number. Since he withdrew, it's a little less likely, but withdrawl is pretty unreliable.

So, it is possible. You'll just have to wait and see.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
(female)

rhiannon777 HB User

Even with urination and washing after the first ejaculation, the withdrawal method is not a good way of preventing pregnancy. 1 in 5 couples who use withdrawal get pregnant in a year. There should be clinics or a health department in your area that can provide you with free birth control pills, shots, or condoms. Please start using some protection so you don't have to worry about this anymore!

Old 07-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
(female)

Sherbear38 HB User

Heymamawolf - I must digress! I have never heard of the urination/washing thing before. I think its because the withdrawal method is so unsafe in the first place, I never bothered to find out anything beyond that, like wiping off or washing. I suppose it would make sense, urinating and washing would hopefully kill any remaining sperm.

But Pre-ejaculation fluids, can contain sperm, and you don't even know if or when they are coming out. So I guess I would be worried all the time if I used the withdrawal method.

Please think of pills and /or condoms wi spermicidal lubricants in case it breaks, then you would do a lot less worrying.....! Sherbear38

Closed Thread