It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

iwantthetruth HB User
Why is my period late? I had protected sex and I did everything right.

I am new on this site and I need some help. I had protected sex and used a condom a while ago. It was with my boyfriend whom I trust a lot and it was our first time. We used a good brand new strong condom and there was absolutely no pre ejaculatory fluid that could've entered my body. I checked the condom afterwards and it was not broken. I also made sure that it was not broken beforehand. We didn't "finish", or in other words neither of us orgasmed and he did not ejaculate. I had at least one period after this happened but now my period is late. It is usually pretty irregular, and my boyfriend says that i am freaking out about nothing, but I am very cautious and i wanted advice. Could i be pregnant? Is something wrong with me? why am i not getting my period yet?

thank you for reading this and helping me.
-scared

-P.s. I am getting ALL of my usual symptoms of my cycle, i.e. bloating, cramping, bad acne, moodiness.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
(female)

Georgiex1 HB User
Re: Why is my period late? I had protected sex and I did everything right.

heyyy hun, i was late after my "first time" with my current b/f. how late are you?? are you using any other sort of birthcontrol???? if your new to a pill or a new pill this could also make your hormones go crazyyy and delay periods.

if your really that worried take a test thats the only way to be sure.
i shouldn't think you would be pregnant if everything was fullly protected, but do a test to be on the safe side.
also if you've been stresssed this cause could effect your periods!!

if you need more help just ask
georgie x

Last edited by Georgiex1; 11-29-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
(female)

iwantthetruth HB User

I am about a week late. I am not on the pill because my mom ad doctor thought it would mess with my hormones.Thanks for your reply. I am really nervous and I cant stop thinking about it. Like it would be really bad for me to be pregnant. I am supposed to be going to college next year. And i thought it would be fine if we used a condom and didnt "finish". Thank you again for your reply, its nice to have some support.
thanks again!

Old 11-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #4
(female)

Georgiex1 HB User

to be honest i think if you wanted a more sexual relationshjip with your b/f a pill of some kind would be good, i was on the pilll but recently came off it and now i am pregnant but i wouldnt chane it for the world, i am also only 17 and had to quit college as i am now pregnant and a move to a new country.

but i think i pill could suit you if you wanted more of a sexual relationship, you can always find a pill that suits you personally as there are many, and yes your hormone could change a bit but once your body gets use to it your hormones should sort themselves out i changed my pill 3 times before i found the right one for me.
its just an idea for the future, but i would use a condom too

and thats fine you dont need to thank me thats what this site is for after all!!
if you are still stressing about it do get a home test that will sort out any ifs and whats, and if you cant afford one you can always go and see your doctor and they should do a test, if you used a condom and didnt "finish" then i dont thinks there much of a chance if you had not used a condom it would be different but i dont think you should have a problem would be worth getting a test though hun

what has your b/f said about it?

georgieX

Old 11-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
(female)

iwantthetruth HB User

thanks for all your answers i will be looking into a pill shortly. We both agreed after that that we wanted to wait again till we were older, and it was just a one time thing to feel close. He thinks taht i am being paranoid and that I am worrying for nothing. he says that the worrying is another sign that i am going to get it soon. he says that sine there was no ejaculation and a thick condom and i had my period after that time that i am just stressing out.
i just want a woman to be like "yea there is no way" because i stress out easily and i have been on the brink of an anxiety attack for a week.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
(female)

Georgiex1 HB User

awww...
oh i didnt no you youve had a period since you had sexx....???
its more than likelyyy stresss hun i woudnt worrry just stop the stresssing cause that wont help you or make your period come along any quicker.
just wait a couple of weeks im sure your period will come along hun
and well whatever you and your b/f decide is up to you, when you do decide the time is right for you to try again, make sure you have all possible birth control, i.e at least 2 contraceptions so pill and condom just to be safe so no stressses in the future

x
georgie x

Old 11-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
(female)

iwantthetruth HB User

thanks soo much georgie! I guess i am worrying too much. you have no idea how much of a relief it is to hear some girl advice though. I have been terrified over nothing i think. I am definitely going to try and find a safe birth control pill even before we decide to try again.
thanks again!
p.s. i am like tearing up with relief because i have been stressing for so long (probably another sign of my period) lol

Old 11-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #8
(female)

Georgiex1 HB User

its okayy and glad to no ive helped
&& yeahh period signs i hope(yn)
if you ever need anything else ill be on here at some point
good luck with you and your b/f
and good luck with college next year!!

hope you get everything you want
keep safe georgie X

Closed Thread