It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

simonette HB User
Question Question! And I need an answer, quick - am I pregnant or getting fat?

Hi, everybody. I posted a topic a while ago in the Women's Board but I have a different question now. Here's what I posted last month:

On January 30, my boyfriend and I did a little foreplay, twice. After we were done, we both washed our hands and stopped. The next day (more like night), I went to the bathroom to pee, and I would feel like peeing again, but only a little bit of urine would come out, and it was burning for a few seconds, along with a little pain that lasted for about 5 seconds, then it was gone. This happened for about an hour.
The next day, I went to go pee again and the burning was gone, and I didn't pee out little amounts of urine anymore, but the pain was still there after I peed. I feel the pain around the pelvis area.

My boyfriend and I are really scared because we're speculating that I might be pregnant, but we're absolutely sure that he didn't have any sperm or precum on his hands while he fingered me. Aside from that, he thinks he might've scratched me, so he thinks that might be the reason for my pain. And I'm healthy too - I drink water and I've been drinking cranberry juice lately because apparently it kind of helps. Btw, I haven't gotten my period for about 2 months. Sometimes this happens, but not for 2 months. Most of the time, the longest I can go without my period is a month.

That was a month ago. On February 4 (or around that time) I got my period, so my boyfriend and I thought we were good and we had nothing to worry about. I got my period again this week (March 2) and I've been noticing that my stomach has been getting a little bigger, especially around the belly. If I suck my stomach in, it's normal (almost nothing is there) but if I let it out, you can totally see my belly...and it's kinda big. I've been looking at the early signs of pregnancy after one month and the only symptom I've been getting was fatigue but that's because I've been going to bed pretty late.
Usually when I have my period it's heavy, but this week it's been a little lighter than usual.

So! Am I pregnant or am I just gaining weight? I REALLY need an answer. I'm just days away from turning 17 and I don't want a baby at this age. I'm against abortion but I really don't wanna have a baby and I can't tell my parents otherwise they'll basically kick me out of the house. Can anyone please answer my question ASAP? Thanks so much.

Last edited by simonette; 03-06-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Question! And I need an answer, quick - am I pregnant or getting fat?

My impression is that you are not pregnant, possibly just feeling bloated. At your age it is not uncommon for periods to be irregular, but as a precaution, I would get yourself in for an appointment with a gynecologist. If you are having pelvic pain, or burning urination you may need some medication to straighten it out. Has your mother taken you in for your first GYN appointment? If not, this would be the perfect time. I hope you and your mother have the ability to discuss such things. She doesn't need to know about the pregnancy scare, just the other female symptoms. Good luck to you...

Old 03-13-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

simonette HB User

Thanks for the reply. I have another question: if I had my period on February 4, I had it until the 11th, and then I had another period on March 2 and ended on the 9th, shouldn't there be a 28-day gap there? I've been looking at the pregnancy symptoms again and my belly is still a little big. It's been a month since my boyfriend and I did that "thing". Would I be showing by now or am I still bloating? I'm not on my period anymore, by the way.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

There shouldn't be a 28-day gap. The average is about 28 days between start days, and yours was 26 so no big deal. Also, if you were only a few weeks pregnant, you would not be showing already.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

You may have a UTI. Your peeing symptoms sound like it. I used to get them frequently and they always caused bloating in my stomach. Also, they would be aggravated when I used Tampax.

You can see a doctor and get a simple urine test for a UTI. If you have one, a course of antibiotics will cure it.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
(female)

Kaelynn HB User

hey, sounds like it could be a urinary tract infection, or possibly a kidney infection. I say this becuase i have had both and they both were exactley as you described in your post about the pain when peeing etc. Neither are serious, just try to drink plenty of cranberry juice or even better are cranberry capsules.
Also both of these infections can cause swelling of the stomach, and no you would not be showing if you were only 4 weeks pregnant.
I hope it all works out for you,
Best of luck,
Kaelynn

Old 05-14-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

simonette HB User

Hey guys, I'm back with an update and another question.

I'm on what I think is my period right now, and I wanna know: do I look pregnant? I took side-view pictures of my stomach and here's what it looks like:

* removed *

Please answer. Thanks! Btw, it's been about 3 months since I've been worrying about this.

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-15-2009 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Please don't post links to pictures, per posting policy. Thanks!

Old 05-15-2009, 05:27 AM   #8
(female)

Georgiex1 HB User

If Your Still Worrying Go To The Doctors And They Will Do A Blood Test, Thats Your Only Way Of Knowing, && If Pregnancy Isnt There, They Will Find Out Whats Wrong .. Or Whether You Are In Fact Putting On A Bit Of Weight(Not Being Rude), I Know From MY Experience Im Having Atm It IS Possible To Bleeed ALOT Through Pregnancy && Everything Be Okayy, But Thats Just Me, GO AND GET A TEST DONE!!! Then You Can Stop Worrying && If Theres Something Else Wrong, You Can Get It All Sorteddd. Also Although Every Women Is Different, But In Pregnancy You Dont Normally Start To Show, Until 4/5Months, From What I've Read... Anything Before Then Is Mainlyyy Just Bloating=) Hope This Helps A Bit... BUT GO AND GET A TEST DONE GIRL, Its Better To Get It All Sorted, And Then Theres No WORRIES!!!!!

Tell Us How You Get ON...=)

Georgiinaaaaaaa&&Samuellllll =)
x

Old 05-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
(female)

LaStryker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonette View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have another question: if I had my period on February 4, I had it until the 11th, and then I had another period on March 2 and ended on the 9th, shouldn't there be a 28-day gap there? I've been looking at the pregnancy symptoms again and my belly is still a little big. It's been a month since my boyfriend and I did that "thing". Would I be showing by now or am I still bloating? I'm not on my period anymore, by the way.
No.

Your cycle is calculated from the first day of your last period until the first day of your next period.

Like.. My period lasts two days, I have 19 days between the end of my last cycle and the beginning of my next, my cycle length is 21 days.

Not every woman has a 28 day cycle, actually I believe few do.

I do not believe you are pregnant, it is possible that you just have an irregular cycle and you are bloated.

If you are still concerned, of course seek a professional medical opinion.

Good luck!

Closed Thread