It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

rubyred716 HB User
Pregnant????

I am sexually active (22) and I see my boyfriend once a month since he lives far from me. He always wears a condom. Well on February 28th the condom broke and he had ejaculated inside of me. I got my period that month on February 8th so most likely I was ovulating on February 28th. Today is the 15th and I still haven't gotten my period yet and it's been 35 days. My periods are usually around 32-33 days. I took 2 pregnancy tests the other day and they both said negative. Then I bought 2 from the dollar store and did them today and they both said negative. Then I bought a digital one and that one said negative. Is 16 days too soon to test for pregnancy if it happened on February 28th? I'm not sure what to do..Should I go to the Dr. or just wait until I see if I get my period.?

Old 03-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: Pregnant????

I would give it another week, and if you haven't started your period, go purchase the EPT test. EPT has been the most reliable test I have ever used. I have never once had a false result either way.

Right now, if you are pregnant, it's still early enough that you may not have high enough levels of the pregnancy hormone to read accurately on the tests, especially the Dollar Store ones.

Good Luck! Hopefully your period will come soon.

PS- It's more likely to get false negatives than false positives, so this is why I say give it a week and try the EPT if no period has shown up. Rarely, if ever, does a test give a false positive

Last edited by ozzybug; 03-16-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Added info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: Pregnant????

I'm not sure how you calculated your ovulation date (ovulation happens about 14 days before menstruation) but whatever the exact date was, your incident was probably pretty close to it. I would wait a few more days and take another test if your period doesn't start. IMO, it's too early to go to the doctor if you don't have a positive test result yet.

Closed Thread