It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
(female)

xSunshinex HB User
How long does it take your body to know?

This is a question I'm asking for a friend, since she is deeply concerned about whether or not she is pregnant. I am trying to help her as best as I can to calm down, but I know it can be stressful wondering if you're pregnant, which can be delaying her period longer. I'd really like some help, so here's the question, and then the full story. In advance, I am sorry for any unprofessional terms, but I do not know the correct terms. I tried to keep it as . . . clean as possible.

Question: How long does it take for your body to know it's pregnant so you won't have your next period?

Story: My friend and her boyfriend broke up about a month ago. The last time they did anything sexual (because both she and I know you don't have to have sex to become pregnant), though they did not have sex, was about a week and a half before they broke up. The story, as I got from her without too many unneeded details, is that she caused him to orgasm. As to clean up, he simply used kleenex. She guesses perhaps 30-60 minutes later, he fingered her to orgasm. He had only used one had to 'clean up', so he used the other hand to pleasure her, but sometimes he forgot, and used the other out of habit. Now, she is 10 days or so late for her period.

My Opinion: I find it highly unlikely that she's pregnant, though of course, It's a possibility. School has recently just started for us as well (today, in fact), and I think perhaps she may have been stressing about that and about her period being late, which could cause it to become even later.

I would deeply appreciate any information, containing to simply your opinion or the question above. It would be quite helpful for both myself and her, so I can help her take the actions she needs to take. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: How long does it take your body to know?

Hi Sunshine,

To answer your question, your body knows immediately when you become pregnant...From the moment of conception, on. That does not mean that the woman knows, but the body does.

It is highly unlikely that sperm could live outside the body for 20-30 minutes, and then impregnate your friend. I hope she can ease her mind about it, and then her period will arrive. So, I agree with your conclusions, and I wish you and your friend well.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
(female)

xSunshinex HB User

Thank you, very much. I figured that her body would know. She has also had one period since that happened, about the time they broke up, so we are/were very miffed about why this one is so late. Again, thank you.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Periods can be tricky little monsters, and being worried can put them off. Good luck to you both.

Closed Thread