It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy-Teen Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
(female)

SecretLife714 HB User
Question Pregnant?

I was recently on bc for only a month, I decidecd to stop taking them b/c i couldn't rememeber to take them everyday. I want to start taking something else but haven't gotten around to it. I'm still having unprotected sex everyday, i know i'm not pregnant now i took a test 5 days ago but what are my chances of getting prego if i continue

Old 04-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Pregnant?

You have a 100% chance of getting pregnant when not using a preventive.

Think of it this way, if you have a baby you will need to take care of the baby 24/7, can't "forget" to do things. You will need to take prenatal vitamins, can't forget or you and the baby will suffer.

Be sure you do not forget taking BC set a timer for same time every day to help remember even if you have to wake up early on sleep-in days. You must be responsible, no BC do not have sex.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

you can't "Know" you're not pregnant because you may be pregnant but it's too early for a test to detect it.

Have you missed a period yet?

And yes, you have an extremely high chance of getting pregnant. Tell your BF to use a condom until you get back on birth control. If he says he doesnt' want to because it doesn't feel the same, or he uses the lame "shower with raincoat" line, he needs to respect you enough to comply. Unless he wants to be a teen dad responsible for supporting a baby.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
(female)

SecretLife714 HB User

No, i haven't missed a period but i'm not sure when i'll get one. I was spotting and then bleeding for 2 weeks, it stop on the 7th. I took another test on the 17th and it was negative so i don't know what to think, could i be testing too soon or am i not pregnant

Old 04-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

Instead of spending money all these pregnancy tests, why not invest in some condoms? Unless you are trying to become pregnant (which it sounds like to me).

Old 04-25-2010, 04:37 AM   #6
(female)

SecretLife714 HB User

omg, condoms suck. Who uses a condom with someone they've been a relationship with for 5 years? If it happens, it happens. I'm just going to wait until i miss a period. By the way, pregnancy test come in two and three packs. It was cheaper to buy a two pact instead of one.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

That's what I thought...you want to become pregnant. I hope your BF is on board and is ready and willing to be a dad, get a job to support his family, and commit to you and the child for life. And I certainly hope you've told him you're not using birth control and have no intention of using any, and that you are wanting a baby!

Old 04-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
(female)

SecretLife714 HB User

If he wasn't ready to be a dad then he should be taking measures to prevent it too like wearing a condom or not finishing. Pregnancy prevention should not be left to the responsibility of one partner. He chooses to c** inside then he takes the risk, he knows that. He may not want a child now but if it happens, he is ready for the responsibility.

I asked for advise on the chance of pregnancy not for some know it all to judge my character

Old 04-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

Who judged your character? I simply asked a legitimate question. And you're right, if he does nothing to prevent pregnancy then he is equally responsible. So, I'm glad you're both responsible and prepared to be parents.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
(female)

SecretLife714 HB User

I apologizes for being rude. This is no place for that and i should think before i get on the defense

Old 04-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLife714 View Post
If he wasn't ready to be a dad then he should be taking measures to prevent it too like wearing a condom or not finishing. Pregnancy prevention should not be left to the responsibility of one partner.
True, but if you are lying to him about being on the pill like you said you were doing in another thread on another board here, then this argument doesn't exactly fly, since it sounds like he doesn't know all the facts. If he knew you weren't on the pill, would he be taking measures to prevent it?

As for your original question, your chances of getting pregnant if you continue to have unprotected sex are about 85%. Good luck!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

Ahhh...now this makes more sense. SecretLife, I wondered why you got so defensive and called me a know-it-all! So you are trying to get pregnant and it IS without your boyfriend's consent or knowledge.

I am not judging you, but you have to admit that leaving out this very pertinent information changes things. I guess you probably got defensive because I got a bit too close to the truth.

If you want to try to trick your boyfriend into getting you pregnant (and it IS a trick if you are lying to him and saying you're on the pill when you aren't...this puts the responsibility 100% on you since he believes you are protected) then you will deal with whatever happens afterward. I suggest being honest with him because if you aren't, and you do get pregnant, you'll have to lie to him for the rest of your life, or come clean at some point in the future...neither of which seems like a good option.

I hope you choose to be honest.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #13
(female)

SecretLife714 HB User

I'm not really sure this is something i want anymore alot has changed in the past few weeks. My bf and i are moving out of state and with both of us working and in school its alot to deal with right now. I'm stressed out enough for the moment. And now i'm even more stressed out because i don't know if my past actions of led to pregnancy, i'm due for my period in a few days

Closed Thread